BRA 289 Cobra - Possibly For Sale

Hi All,

I have been keeping my feelers out for a Cobra with a hardtop, and I "think" I have now found a car that I am interested in buying subject to test drive and it meeting my expectations. If all goes well my lovely 289 BRA will be up for sale.

The car has received a massive amount of improvement and preventative maintenance work this year. It is correctly registered as a historic car, and therefore there is no road tax to pay (in UK). I understand it is also suitable for export due to it being registered in 1973.

The cars spec is as follows:
    • Beribo Replica Automobiles Cobra 289 Replica (MGB GT V8 based);
    • Large history file with the car including original parts and build receipts, plus previous owners and maintenance records;
    • Valuable original donor car number plate ROT 15M;
    • Correctly registered with DVLA as a BRA 289 Cobra;
    • Rover 3.5 V8 Engine with 5 Speed LT77 Gearbox;
    • Front double wishbone and coil-over suspension upgrade;
    • Mileage: 16,000;
    • Build completed circa 1990;
    • New RPI Engineering A&R Power Amp II spark module, distributor, coil and Magnecor lead set fitted in December 2019;
    • New stainless steel rear section exhausts fitted with stainless steel clips to tidy up rear end in December 2019;
    • Rover 3.5 V8 which was rebuilt by RPI Engineering in February 2020 with new Piper 270 camshaft, new heads, new crank and big end bearings, new timing chain, new rockers and rocker shafts etc. at a cost of over £3500
    • New Edelbrock 500 carb fitted by RPI Engineering in February 2020;
    • Engine, gearbox and rear diff oils replaced by RPI Engineering in February 2020;
    • New Land Rover V8 Kenlowe dual speed thermostatic cooling fan fitted by RPI Engineering in February 2020 with manual over-ride switch on dashboard;
    • Chassis and running gear and underside of car all cleaned and rust protection painted in March 2020;
    • New chrome air cleaner and element fitted March 2020;
    • Rear drum brakes services and new cylinder fitted in March 2020;
    • New brake fluid March 2020;
    • New drilled and grooved brake discs and EBC green stuff brake pads fitted to front in May 2020;
    • New competition 1” lowering rear leaf springs with poly bushes fitted May 2020 (these are wrapped in Denso tape for corrosion protection);
    • Tyres are less than 2 year old BF Goodrich period tyres and have around 1500 miles on them;
    • Wheels are chromed wire wheels in good condition with some localised minor corrosion (could refurbish is you wished);
    • Paintwork has a real good shine to it, but is not perfect being 30 years old;
    • Chrome on rear bumper has deteriorated and could do with being replaced or re-chromed, but it has patina that makes the car look more authentic;
    • Currently fitted with vinyl racing roundels on the sides and bonnet, but these can be easily removed;
    • Comes with a mohair hood, sidescreens and mohair tonneau cover;
    • Bodywork is all in good condition;
    • Registered as a HISTORIC VEHICLE – Therefore Tax & MOT Exempt.

I have receipts for all recent work completed as listed above.

Price will be £31,000 ono

Please PM me if you're interested. Car located near Lowestoft, Suffolk (UK).

IMG_2323 (Large).JPEG

IMG_2324 (Large).JPEG

IMG_9139 (Large).JPEG

IMG_2838 (Large).JPEG

IMG_9146 (Large).JPEG

What a delightful looking car. I have passed on the details to others who may be interested. Best of luck with the sale.

Regards,

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnpistonbroke View Post
    What a delightful looking car. I have passed on the details to others who may be interested. Best of luck with the sale.

Regards,

David.
    Hi David - Many thanks for your kind words. and for passing on details of the car. Most appreciated

All the best,

Kevin

Nice looking car. I think being registered as a historical car commands a premium as its available for export so you will have some dealers interested. No on going road tax is a nice saving each year and you avoid government stomping up the costs in the next few years.

You should get a lot of interest. Not the best of times to sell but putting the feelers out and seeing how many responses will be a good indicator.

Good luck with the sale.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Beautiful car. Worth posting a for sale ad on here if you haven't already
    https://www.the289register.com/wordpress/
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD