Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    Good turnout today-9 cars. Sorry if I led the procession a bit slowly from Overstone Manor but I wanted to make sure we all stuck together which paid off as I think the marshals assumed we had a club stand as we entered and directed us to the club area away from Pole Position. Nice to see you all and a good show overall. Hope your temporary water leak repair got you home Paul.
    Dek
    Yes, we did manage to get home with no further leaks or steam coming out the bonnet scoop, as the Epoxy putty which Lee gave me did a brilliant job of sealing the hole in the thermostat, so many thanks for that Lee, much appreciated. As the hole was in the crease where the domed part of the housing meets the tube part , I was not sure how well it would stay stuck to the chrome metal surface, but roughing up the surface with emery cloth, to give it a key, did the trick and as Lee had mentioned, “it sticks like sh-t to a blanket” and it did Very impressive stuff, and I will get myself some to carry around in the cobra in case something like this happens again.

What’s annoyed me about this hole appearing due to internal corrosion, is I only replaced it a couple of years ago, due to the same thing happening, so can anyone please tell me where I can get a good decent quality thermostat housing for a SBC, that won’t corrode internally .

Apart from rolling up at the show looking like a steam train, it was nice seeing some familiar faces again and meeting a few guys I have not met before, and we spent quite a bit of time chatting to a nice old guy with a beautiful 3.4 Ltr MK2 Jag on the Jaguar owners club stand . It was a good show, with plenty to see, and we particularly enjoyed the drag cars and aerial aerobatics shows and even the weather stayed warm and dry.

Again many thanks to all you guys for the offers of help and advice, especially Graham for his offer of some sealant he had in his boot and of course Lee for the Epoxy putty.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Possible have a new one chromed inside and out?
    Charlie
    Quote Originally Posted by psh View Post
    Yes, we did manage to get home with no further leaks or steam coming out the bonnet scoop, as the Epoxy putty which Lee gave me did a brilliant job of sealing the hole in the thermostat, so many thanks for that Lee, much appreciated. As the hole was in the crease where the domed part of the housing meets the tube part , I was not sure how well it would stay stuck to the chrome metal surface, but roughing up the surface with emery cloth, to give it a key, did the trick and as Lee had mentioned, “it sticks like sh-t to a blanket” and it did Very impressive stuff, and I will get myself some to carry around in the cobra in case something like this happens again.

What’s annoyed me about this hole appearing due to internal corrosion, is I only replaced it a couple of years ago, due to the same thing happening, so can anyone please tell me where I can get a good decent quality thermostat housing for a SBC, that won’t corrode internally .

Apart from rolling up at the show looking like a steam train, it was nice seeing some familiar faces again and meeting a few guys I have not met before, and we spent quite a bit of time chatting to a nice old guy with a beautiful 3.4 Ltr MK2 Jag on the Jaguar owners club stand . It was a good show, with plenty to see, and we particularly enjoyed the drag cars and aerial aerobatics shows and even the weather stayed warm and dry.

Again many thanks to all you guys for the offers of help and advice, especially Graham for his offer of some sealant he had in his boot and of course Lee for the Epoxy putty.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Pleased it worked Paul. I have carried that around for several years.

Paul, a billet aluminium one??

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Paul, a billet aluminium one??
    I think Dek mentioned he got a billet aluminium housing, which i now know is machined out of a solid piece of aluminium, having just googled it .

So this seems the way to go , as it should not have any voids or inclusions like cast versions , so i just need to find out who sells "Billet" versions of my housing, unless anyone on here already knows and can point me in the right direction.

I am going to start with ringing Real Steel and Stateside Autos .

Thanks Guys
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by LDW View Post
    Pleased it worked Paul. I have carried that around for several years.
    I will order two packs and let you have one next time we meet, maybe at Stoneleigh
    Paul.

No need to replace Paul. One of the greatest things about our club is how everyone tries to helps each other and I have certainly had lots of help from others.

Catch up soon.

Lee

Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Good spot!
    Dek

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789