2021 West Midlands Meets

Hi All

Inspired by AK Charlie I have had a go at scheduling out some dates for us for 2021. Happy to take suggestions but this gives us a start. All is subject to COVID but hopefully things will be easier in 2021 than 2020!

2021 Provisional West Midlands Cobra Club Meets

Please note that meets are generally scheduled the 2nd Sunday of the month. However, this is not always the case so it is best to check. We are hoping that the March meet will be the first meet of 2021. This will be confirmed nearer the date.
    Open to ideas and suggestions. No dates yet for Spetchley Park – a number of us enjoyed those this year. We can schedule in when we know.

March 14thProvisionally Caffeine and Machine (depends on weather and COVID!)

April 11thProvisionally Caffeine and Machine or maybe Spetchley Park (depends on weather and COVID!)

May 2nd/3rd - Stoneleigh Kit Car Show – (We hope!)

June 5th/6th - Coventry Motofest – Paul Sephton normally books spaces for this. We will need to coordinate with East Midlands

June 13thCaffeine and Machine

July 11thSuggest we miss this and make Newark our meeting. Will arrange something further west if there is enough interest.

July 24/25th - Newark Kit Car Show Newark Showground, Lincoln Road, Newark, NG24 2NY. Details for this event will be posted nearer the date. Newark Kit Car Show – REVIVAL! To make this a success, we all need to support this as much as possible! Hence, suggest we join East Midlands and make this our monthly meet.

July 30th to 1st August Silverstone Classic – detail on Cobra Forum. Members to organise their own tickets

August 8th - Caffeine and Machine

September 12th - Sywell Piston & Props is next weekend. Will arrange something further west if enough support or we can make Sywell our meet.

September 18th - Sywell Piston & Props – Use code SYW50 before end of year to get your tickets at £9 each. Great event, really enjoyed 2020.

October 10thCaffeine and Machine

Chris
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Nice one Chris,

I am looking forward to getting back on the road with the Cobra after a number year with the car stuck in the workshop, currently its at the rolling road being set up
    Iain

Living the dream on a daily basis

Thanks Chris, decent choice of shows there, and looking forward to getting along to some of them, once I have fixed my persistent fuel pipe leak and new rocker covers oil leak . Glad to see you have got Spetchely Park on the list, as I seem to remember we discussed this show at the C&M a few months ago. Just a suggestion, but while I was chatting to Dek yesterday, he mentioned “The Classic Cars and Bikes meet “at the Earls Barton show ground, near Northampton.

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Good shout Chris and just down the road for the most part too!

Thanks Chris. I've put the dates in my diary

Hoping for Stoneleigh, but I don't think those first 2 events will be runners.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Hoping for Stoneleigh, but I don't think those first 2 events will be runners.
    Well we live in hope. It does look like June is going to be unlocked but there are so many variables, not least the mutations. Not sure about May/Stoneleigh. Fingers crossed, I suspect we could all do with it.
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Depending on car build completion, IVA and registration I could well be up for joining in at some point this year
    Classic Replica Viper currently in build

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Depending on car build completion, IVA and registration I could well be up for joining in at some point this year
    Looks likely from what I have seen on your thread! Look forward to it