Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very probably me, yes Matt. A very old conversation comes to mind - are / were you involved with professional rugby ?
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

You've got a good memory, David! As I remember, you were parked outside our house as your wife was learning to drive it. I wasn't in but my wife ran outside and accosted you!

I remember her, the conversation and possibly your surname from your playing days ! Kay still doesn’t drive it very often, it’s too nerve-wracking for both of us. I’ll pm you...
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Hi Mat I have Dax that you can try out for size when you are ready I’m in Milton keynes
    appy days steve

Thanks Steve

Given what you’ve said so far, a rolling chassis with a fitted body could be a good solution, leaving you to fit the drivetrain, interior and brightwork.

Not the cheapest way to build a cobra but then there is no such thing as a cheap cobra. Depends what you can get for the wife I guess
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Right then!

Now that there's some light at the end of the tunnel, and I might actually be able to get out of the house soon, I'm starting to think about research!

I've also received some inheritance sooner than expected so think I'm going to 'sell out' and stop kidding myself that I'll be able to build something, and buy something that someone far more qualified that me has built!

First stop - sitting in cars!

Wish me luck!

Happy hunting!
    If you're not confident in building then I think you are making a very wise decision.
    Keep your eye on classic auctions etc.
    Occasional bargains do come up.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Matt we are opening up the show room on 12th April if you wanna make a appointment and come down for the day. We have both mk3 and mk4 roadsters and a Daytona coupe.

Thanks

Dan

Matt - also check out the OTR cars for sale section on this forum. Great offer from Dan to check the FF showroom out, I recommend you also look at some dealers too as they have several makes of Cobra to sit in/drool over. I have a 2005 Dax and at 6'3", 100kg I can drive it fine (have been all over Europe in it too without issue). I do need the seat bolted directly to the floor (no seat runners) otherwise I'd be getting flies stuck in my teeth

Graham
    Graham Heatrick - Dax 350SBC, Cobra Replica Club UK Magazine Editor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12