Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    An override spring switch for when the engine is hot, to override your system for overriding the fuel pump if there is no oil pressure.........

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    An override spring switch for when the engine is hot, to override your system for overriding the fuel pump if there is no oil pressure.........
    An override override. I like it.

I just run without a choke. When cold, it cranks long enough before it fires to get the oil circulated. When hot, it doesn't matter as oil will already be everywhere.

Not so easy on the starter motor though....

By the way, I understand not wanting to put a load on your engine until some oil has circulated, but I doubt it's a problem. I've taken engines apart that havn't run for a couple years and the journals were still wet with oil.
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

This is probably a good idea in an accident situation whereby if the engine stops so does the fuel pump. This would mean that if the tree doesn't move out of the way fast enough at least you don't sit there with the engine in your lap listening to the fuel pump disgorging 12 gallons of unleaded into the footwell. That would definitely ruin your day.
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12