Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Brooklands Museum.

I’m always seeing the light of any dark tunnel and the current pandemic is no exception. I have just emailed Brooklands Museum to enquire about CRC members making a group visit in our Cobras, with parking on-site once it is safe and legal to do so when they reopen. I have also enquired whether a workshop tour would be possible. Big if’s at the moment but wondering if
    1, the CRC have done this before, and
    2, who would be up for it?

It’s a Mecca for car and aviation enthusiasts alike not to mention the iconic banks of the remains of the worlds first purpose built motor racing track. To be able to stand on the bank and visualise the ghosts of race cars passing you as they thunder round is an experience in itself.
    The museum isn’t just about cars and aviation, it’s also about science on a massive scale. For those who have never been, it’s a great day out and I’m sure that those who have been will agree.

Your thoughts?

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Wessex region caretaker rep.

1. No that I remember.
    2. God yes!
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

I think the ECM did it the other year as there were pictures of cars on the banking.

I did a track day in AMG Mercedes next door but not been to the Museum.

I would certainly be interested.

Lee

Count me in!!!

Visited the museum a few years back - full of fascinating pieces, including some top end restorations. On sunny days, some of these are fired up and driven outside. Walking the banking, as mentioned above, was also a fantastic experience. I’d return, sometime, for sure.

Count me in.
    I was a member when I lived nearer to them - we did a lot of trips there for the different events they had.
    The Concorde tour is highly recommended.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

What a great idea. I'm up for it. Never been, great reason to make the effort and have a decent run out too.
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

I've had a response from Brooklands and its positive. They welcome club meetings and have asked me to contact them once lockdown is eased enough for them to be open. They will have a condensed program this year due to COVID but are sure they can fit us in on a day over the weekend.
    There are no limits to the amount of cars that can attend but did say that anymore than 25 then we should provide a marshal. Parking will be on the race track banking.

I will remain in contact with Brooklands Museum and keep you informed.
    This could be a great day out, better if we can get a substantial amount of cars there.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by LDW View Post
    I think the ECM did it the other year as there were pictures of cars on the banking.

Lee
    We did indeed Lee - ECM 2016 to be precise, with the banking photos appearing in the Feb 2017 issue of Snake Torque. We had to switch to Brooklands after Goodwood let us down badly at the last minute, and they were very accommodating. Steve Castle was the guy we dealt with - very helpful, and well experienced in lining the cars up nicely on the banking! Herding cats comes to mind...
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
    We did indeed Lee - ECM 2016 to be precise, with the banking photos appearing in the Feb 2017 issue of Snake Torque. We had to switch to Brooklands after Goodwood let us down badly at the last minute, and they were very accommodating. Steve Castle was the guy we dealt with - very helpful, and well experienced in lining the cars up nicely on the banking! Herding cats comes to mind...
    Its Steve Castle that responded to me this morning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast