Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Useful bellhousing that as you can access the clutch and centre bearing via the bottom plate which is removable.
    Yes, an FE is tight in a Dax but doable. My engine virtually touches everywhere! I even had to trim the inner skin on the bonnet to clear the air cleaner. Getting the exhausts out is a trial as well!
    The modern small staters are a godsend.

Indeed - the only place I have any room is up front, where (especially in a standard chassis) there would be acres of room.. well, relatively speaking!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Aaron,
    Do you have extended foot wellls? I have on mine which intrude into the engine bay. The back ports on the heads of my Cleveland are a tight squeeze.

Like this!
    Back as far as it can and still allow the oval air cleaner to fit (mind you, any further and number 4 and number 8 exhausts would be inside the cockpit!) Fits exactly heightwise, air cleaner barely clear of the bonnet and the bellhousing just about able to clear a speed bump. No tolerance at all. This is in an early DAX chassis.

This is quite an old picture actually. I have since taken the choke towers off the carbs, put 'new' (as original 6090D) heads on it, new expansion tank and cleaned it all up a bit. Used an acid wash to clean the inlet manifold and it came up really well (as you can see it needed it).
    Getting the headers out is a pain, especially on the drivers side, where you have the starter and the steering. As for getting the starter off, I highly recommend a removeable panel in the drivers footwell otherwise it is hell!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Chris,

I like the twin carbs and red colour covers look.
    Photo is very low resolution (11.4 KB size of a postage stamp so cannot zoom in on the headers lol
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Chris,

Photo is very low resolution (11.4 KB size of a postage stamp so cannot zoom in on the headers lol
    Sorry about the pic. For some reason I cannot upload the picture in a decent format. The original is wider too and shows the fit better. If you want to see it just PM and I'll email instead. No idea why it's being a pain. Better still I'll take a more recent one showing the tidying up with the new heads etc!!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Chris,

Try this

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Chris nice photo. It can be challenging to upload photos.

Thanks Chris

Bloody hell, there really is not much room left in there! Well at least you can't drop a spanner down the side of it. And I thought mine was looking like a tight squeeze!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12