Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I’m not condoning it, just saying it may not be as big an issue for some. Wouldn’t do for me, I’d be worried it might get seized and crushed!
    or when the insurance company tells you your aren’t covered after you hit some old Doris that has stepped into the road.
    Roger

RamSC 351 Cleveland

on the road 20 years- nearly finished

Sometimes I wonder what the DVLA get up to. How can it be ok to see a mileage going down on subsequent MOT’s?
    I sold a Honda with 130k miles on it a while ago that got to nearly 200k with new owner then next test said 110k?
    Surely someone would smell a rat?
    Cheers
    Steve

My missus asked me to build her a Cobra! – How good is that!

AK Gen2 chassis arrived 12/2/15 IVA Passed 2/7/18 on road 29/7/18
    http://stevesakcobrabuild.blogspot.com

Well, there could be legitimate reasons, for example, a new or secondhand speedo. That has been the case in my cobra. I started again at zero! Not so easy with more modern cars I agree

A lot of people have a worry about emission testing. What you going to say when you take it for an MOT ! Very loud 2600c and its a very dirty blue. 1951 yes it was avery early prototype LOL.

The MOT guy will have a field day especially if he don't like the look of you.

A real shame as it such a nice car and I am sure a lot of people are put off by the inaccurate registration.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Really can’t understand why the engine size has not been changed, that’s easy enough to do on the registration document (online now I think) as is colour.
    With regards emissions testing, as I understand it, it’s visual emissions only on a ‘classic vehicle’. An FE would never pass any other way!
    Don’t get me wrong, I won’t be buying it!!!! Just can’t work out why those basics have not been sorted to at least make it more real. Odd.

Sorry. Its clearly incorrectly registered and any MOT is invalid plus any insurance on the vehicle will be also be invalid. It's not a 1951 AC! How it ever got registered as it is i don't know but DVLA need to sort themselves out as it's making a joke of vehicle registrations. Registering it as a 1965 etc would still be wrong, American dates are usually laughable wrong.

Andy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234