overrider / quicklift holes

My quicklifts are on their way to me from Andrzej, so I will be needing to drill the holes in the bodywork to mount them.
    The back looks pretty simple as you are working on relatively flat surfaces and the mounting plate is close to the body. However I am stressing about the nose as everything is curves and the mounts are a long way back from the body.
    I would really appreciate any experience people have and and guidance on marking out etc.
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Not sure if you are painted yet, that would be more of a worry.
    In my unpainted state I drilled a small pilot hole a best I could by eye, the; opened it up gradually using a dremmel with a router bit.
    Cheers
    Steve

My missus asked me to build her a Cobra! – How good is that!

AK Gen2 chassis arrived 12/2/15 IVA Passed 2/7/18 on road 29/7/18
    http://stevesakcobrabuild.blogspot.com

Im not painted yet, but getting close !
    I assume the position of the holes is horizontally half way between the radiator mouth and the brake vents and vertically to the centreline of the radiator mouth?
    Paul

Hi Paul,

If any use, i can get some photos showing how my overriders are mounted on the front - have an SR also - may help, may not.

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Think it will depend on your bracket mounts inside, however here’s a shot of my AK at around the same stage. Might help if you blow up the photo. As you are pre-paint it’s not a disaster if slightly off. Filler is your friend!
    192C4AC5-4939-41FC-9573-31814ED45245.jpeg
    Cheers
    Steve

My missus asked me to build her a Cobra! – How good is that!

AK Gen2 chassis arrived 12/2/15 IVA Passed 2/7/18 on road 29/7/18
    http://stevesakcobrabuild.blogspot.com

Thanks for the pics. I think I am comfortable with the position of the holes now as mid way - mid way looks like the answer. I also found a good video on YouTube and the guy used a hole saw for the body but showed how he starts it flat to the body and then rotates it to the correct angle as he goes through to get the correct shape tidy hole.
    The brackets are a long way back on the SR so I think access to drilling that and lining it up is the real technical challenge.
    Paul