Holley sniper Efi

Hi. I want to buy a sniper hand held controller for my 2005 DAX. I want to adjust the rev limiter as it kicks in at around 4750 rpm! Does anyone know if they are compatible for all models. Many thanks

Good morning and welcome.
    I think we'd need more information on your engine spec. especially the ignition system before anyone could help.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

I'm not saying this is the correct one but it may be?:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sne-553-115

Sean
    Too many idiots, not enough villages!

Hi thanks for the quick reply. Engine is a standard chevy 350. Mallory distributor. I'm affraid I've got no more than that. The car is Absolute Performance C350 if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GUMBALL View Post
    I'm not saying this is the correct one but it may be?:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sne-553-115

Sean
    Hi thanks, Yes this seems to be the only one I can see. And come from the USA . I just dont want to pay 260 odd quid for it nor to work

Give me a email on info@tech-autos.co.uk with some details and I’ll post it over to my guys at blueprint and see what we can get for you. We run snipers on our sbf engines. I’m taking it you have the sniper unit just short the touch screen unit. That normally comes with the sniper kit.

Good luck

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh3328 View Post
    Give me a email on info@tech-autos.co.uk with some details and I’ll post it over to my guys at blueprint and see what we can get for you. We run snipers on our sbf engines. I’m taking it you have the sniper unit just short the touch screen unit. That normally comes with the sniper kit.

Good luck

Dan
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I would be really interested to know how you are getting on with the Sniper on a sbf. I've a 302 running edlebrock rpm heads and cam, car isn't finished yet but efi is definitely something I'm going to add. My only concern is if it will get through IVA on the base map prior to any learning taking place. - Thanks
    Andy

Ford 302 336 BHP 331 ft/lb's , GD JAG249 rolling!!
    Engine started August 2011.
    1st Daughter slows progress!

www.andysgd427.blogspot.com

I’ll keep you posted. I haven’t been working on the cobra for a few weeks now. I got 2 weeks worth of projects to get out then I’m back on it with headers being built first with cats then engine testing. I have 2 gas meters so I’ll let you know the reading from both sides. As one side has a o2 sensor and the other don’t.

Don't know the sniper system but had a 289 running the FI Tech, similar I'm sure.
    They learn very quickly.
    Even the base settings will be OK I think.
    Based on the required emission standards for an old school 302. (Assuming it's an old block pre cats).
    I'm running an 8 stack EFI on the new build, FAST 2.0 self tuning system on that, but the ECU couldn't cope with the 8 stack, kept running rich.
    I've now waiting for a FAST XFI Street upgrade ECU which is fully programmable.
    Looks like my IVA will be postponed again as I don't have the ECU yet.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Thanks chaps, Id be interested to hear how it goes. You are right Kev, I imagine the base maps are still going to be better than a carb, given the stench of unburnt fuel that comes out of mine it cant be worse. And that's a carb that's been properly setup!
    Andy

Ford 302 336 BHP 331 ft/lb's , GD JAG249 rolling!!
    Engine started August 2011.
    1st Daughter slows progress!

www.andysgd427.blogspot.com