Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iva

Iva

Passed my IVA today, AK Gen 1, probably the longest build ever. Have to praise the IVA inspector at Beverley VOSA. He was excellent. I had the choice of Nottingham or Beverley, as they are almost the same distance, pleased I chose Beverley. Just have the registration process to sort out now and a few niggles with the car. I "lost" last year due to DVLA sending my TAS release to the wrong email address. I applied early March and putting it down to the Covid situation, I left it until July to chase it up, only to find they had released my TAS application a couple of weeks after I sent it in, but to the wrong email address, then tried to blame me. I replied including a PDF of my original IVA form and received an apology when I proved it was their fault. If anyone else is waiting, don't be slow to chase them up. Looking forward to finishing the car off now, changing all the bits over, seats, steering wheel, sidepipe baffles and so on. Any advise on the registration process would be gratefully received, also, where can I find the relevant road tax rate for my car? If the donor vehicle is pre 1980, will it be tax exempt? I've got to say I'm so happy to have passed and at the first attempt and also rather relieved that I don't have to take it back for retest. To anyone about to IVA, don't worry like I did, I got myself so whittled, it was affecting my sleep. When it came to it, it was fine. Worst case scenario is, you fail and have to take it for retest. Regards to all, Mick

Sorry, it won’t be tax exempt ☹️

sorry, duplicate post

Well done. Perfect timing too, spring is springing!

I wasn't sure it would be, it just would be a bonus. How much is road tax? I cannot find any reference to kit built cars or engine sizes on government web pages.

Well done, a first time pass is excellent
    Classic Replica Viper currently in build

Quote Originally Posted by Mick J View Post
    I wasn't sure it would be, it just would be a bonus. How much is road tax? I cannot find any reference to kit built cars or engine sizes on government web pages.
    PLG tax class, so about £270 off the top of my head
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Well done, a first time pass is excellent
    Thanks, I am pleased and the IVA tester made some nice comments about the car and how well it was put together.

Mick,

Passed my IVA today, AK Gen 1, probably the longest build ever.

When was yours started ? Mine was started in 2002 and passed IVA in 2019.

Brian.

If you obtain an age related registration, as the donor is >40 years, you should be able to get historic status and be taxed at £0 per yr.

well done on passing IVA on the first attempt.
    Roger

RamSC 351 Cleveland

on the road 20 years- nearly finished

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast