Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assuming you have a condensor fitted? Either replace that or take it off temporarily (don't leave it off if you're staying with points)

Also just checking you're running the right voltage coil? Depends on whether you have a ballast wire/resistor or not?
    Last edited by dgosumo; 05-03-21 at 11:56 AM.

As I think Kev said if you are running a 12v system put a lead direct from the battery to the coil to eliminate a possible wiring fault
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

dgosumo,
    the condenser is brand new now I am on new points and rotor arm.
    running the same coil, (but new) as was fitted when I got it, no ballast that I can see on the car.
    The coil is a Lucas DLB105, sports coil for a non ballast ignition.
    I shall do a double check and test for a ballast within the wiring as described here...https://blog.simonbbc.com/ballast-re...nce-and-coils/

Martin,
    I did that ... wondered for a second or two why the car kept running after I had switched off the key!
    I measured the voltage whilst the car was running and it gave 13.4 - 13.9 all the time.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice, I'm thinking it's fuel related as a long time back I had to clean the fuel tank out
    as it had blocked the filter with red rust dust.
    I cleaned out the tank but I think I will have to seal it now.
    Carbs off next to make sure there is no blockage in them, then to blowback through the fuel line to the pump.
    Last edited by Murray; 07-03-21 at 05:00 PM. Reason: missed a bit!
    Cheers,
    Murray

That's the trouble with you Sailors, long hair, quick zips and, Oohh, look at the size of that!!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

If the engine doesn't restart straight away after it cuts out a little sniff of easystart will tell you if its fuel related.

Andy

Here is an update on the stalling engine saga.
    What I have done so far is...taken carbs off and blown through all the orifices, not touched the settings as when running they were OK.
    The coils were tested and proved fine, voltage checked to the coil and constantly good.
    Blown back through the fuel lines to the pump, then back the other way, some crud came out.
    Took off the fuel tank and washed it out, removing some crud but the filter on the pickup pipe was pretty clear.
    Filter after the pump was nice and clean.
    New rubber fuel pipe from the pump to the hard line in the rear wheel arch area.
    Fuel tank filter/pickup seal broke so had to order another, that kept me waiting until I could refill and test the engine
    It has been running for about 25 mins without a problem but was beginning to run hot.
    Turned on the electric fan only to find it pushed air out the front of the grill, it would seem that a previous owner didn't understand the principle of air management.
    Another problem to sort out later. This car is nothing but problems ever since I bought it.
    Whilst under the car I noticed a weeping from the offside rear calliper. All callipers were refurbished new in June last year not done more that 50 miles since.
    That's gone back under warranty. God knows when I shall get that back!
    Bit of a panic now as the chap who wants to buy the car needs to see it as soon as we can travel (end of March)
    meeting half way so a trip of 130 miles to a viewing so it's got to be tested for at least 50 miles first.
    A new electronic distributor has been bought and fitted but the engine not run yet. That will happen tomorrow.
    I suppose that's a last straw grasp in case the distributor was the problem and it's always good to have a backup as a spare..
    That's it for now Folks!
    Cheers,
    Murray

That's the trouble with you Sailors, long hair, quick zips and, Oohh, look at the size of that!!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Fan should be easy to fix by reversing the wires or reversing the fan on its shaft (but not both )
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12