Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mine was tax exempt about four years ago,
    you will need to go to a main post office and get the forms .
    Hopefully you will get someone that knows what they are doing
    and be helpful unlike my post office which was obstructive .
    Fortunately I had contacted someone at the dvla Swansea that was very helpful before
    going to my local post office and was armed with a telephone number from the dvla.
    Thankfully everything was sorted with a smile at my local post office and asked whether
    I wanted six months or twelve !
    Chris.

Your tax will be refunded anything forward of 1st April 2021. I recieved a refund when I registered my vehicle.
    The post office cocked up my paperwork and the DVLA never received the V5C. I had to get another V5C. Don't worry if it takes some time as you will still get the over paid tax after the 1st April . You still have to go online and tax your vehicle every year even though its zero cost.
    So you can still be done with no road tax if you forget.

just been post office with v5 reg doc and taxed car £0 they kept and sent v5 to dvla easy peezy yippee

Quote Originally Posted by bw41059 View Post
    just been post office with v5 reg doc and taxed car £0 they kept and sent v5 to dvla easy peezy yippee
    That feels great doesn't it

Did you contact DVLA first ?

between my local post office, myself and DVLA this could be easier...
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

no didnt need to just went in post office with my v5 and said i want to tax it but it is now over 40 yrs old and should now be tax exempt. she dealt with it there and then she filled something in on my v5 which i then signed and she said she would send off to dvla

yes i does all i need to do now every yr is insure it result

no didn't need to just went in post office with my v5 and said i want to tax it but it is now over 40 yrs old and should now be tax exempt. she dealt with it there and then she filled something in on my v5 which i then signed and she said she would send off to dvla
    Thanks. I think part of the problem I had was trying to do this on 31/3 - they day before it became historic and there was no option to change the status on her screen and the she said I had to phone DVLA- again
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

no didnt need to just went in post office with my v5 and said i want to tax it but it is now over 40 yrs old and should now be tax exempt. she dealt with it there and then she filled something in on my v5 which i then signed and she said she would send off to dvla
    Hi bw, any chance you could let me know which P.O.? I’m close to Preston myself and may be worth me trying same one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast