Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    PRESTON, LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND.
    Posts
    212
    post office in spar shop lostock hall

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by bw41059 View Post
    post office in spar shop lostock hall

    Thanks BW, if I don't get any joy at my local I'll try there.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,010
    Seems to be a bit hit and miss. I did mine at my local PO in Budgens down here which went through straightforward. Helps if you can find someone's who's done it before

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    PRESTON, LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND.
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    Thanks BW, if I don't get any joy at my local I'll try there.
    let me know how u get on

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by bw41059 View Post
    let me know how u get on
    Will do. Hopefully beginning of next month.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,193
    I tried phoning DVLA today, they have strike action reducing their availability (on top of covid doing the same thing) so I tried the chat-bot option. That wasted another 15 minutes of my life without getting the help I needed.

    It was my second attempt, I chose the wrong number of the google page the first time and the automated message menu was banging on about injured pets. Then I realised somehow I’d dialled the RSPCA...
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

    Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Shipston-On-Stour
    Posts
    526
    Just got my log book back from DVLA with my Historic classification. Yipeeeee! Took about 3 weeks. According to my son (who does loads of them as he looks after a private classic collection) the lady in the post office in Chipping Norton knows exactly what to do and that makes all the difference! Not a lot of help to most I know.

    It is probably true though, as when I tried previously it came back just as it went! Who knows. Anyway, I have it, that's the important thing.
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Just got my log book back from DVLA with my Historic classification. Yipeeeee! Took about 3 weeks. According to my son (who does loads of them as he looks after a private classic collection) the lady in the post office in Chipping Norton knows exactly what to do and that makes all the difference! Not a lot of help to most I know.

    It is probably true though, as when I tried previously it came back just as it went! Who knows. Anyway, I have it, that's the important thing.
    Well done Chris. Will offset some of your fuel bills now!
    Dek

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Shipston-On-Stour
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    Well done Chris. Will offset some of your fuel bills now!
    Dek
    Now ain’t that true! That will get me at least 500 miles on a steady day and a lot less on those lovely roads up to you on a quiet Sunday morning!!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cowbridge, United Kingdom
    Age
    63
    Posts
    10,256
    Not so quiet roads if you're hooning about LOL!
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •