Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bw41059 View Post
    no need to sorn anymore now that its free so just keep taxing it when due
    You cannot Tax your vehicle if it requires a valid MOT. You will have to sorn the vehicle until your get an MOT. I have an in the past an over lap of a month for my Tax date to my MOT date. This got out of synch with Covid when they extended MOT dates my 6 months.
    Just make sure your tax does not run out.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    You cannot Tax your vehicle if it requires a valid MOT. You will have to sorn the vehicle until your get an MOT. I have an in the past an over lap of a month for my Tax date to my MOT date. This got out of synch with Covid when they extended MOT dates my 6 months.
    Just make sure your tax does not run out.
    Thats a good point. When I did mine last week within a couple of days of the end of April, was expecting to start the tax in May, lass in shop apologised for having to backdate it to start of April but in fact that works to my advantage as I can tax it again before this MoT runs out.

my mot expires this july so when it is due to be taxed again next april it will still have a valid mot so no need to sorn anymore and will be able to tax online

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Make sure you still tax your vehicle even though it is zero tax when exempt. They can still fine you if you decide not to sorn the vehicle. You need to declare if it has a valid MOT or MOT exempt. Watch out for the 30 year chassis ruling which could cause you issues on any insurance claims.
    When I applied for Historic status I never paid for this year, they gave me a receipt only and sent off the V5, looked up to check my tax status after reading your post, and it states it's paid for (or covered) for the next calander year.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    When I applied for Historic status I never paid for this year, they gave me a receipt only and sent off the V5, looked up to check my tax status after reading your post, and it states it's paid for (or covered) for the next calander year.
    Exactly same as in my case.

v5 arrived this morning now says historic vehicle yippee

How long is it taking the change in Historic status / V5 to come through ? I send mine off 4-5 weeks ago, I've got nothing. DVLA site says "Taxed" which it is. I do know they've been on strike.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

i took my docs and taxed it a local post office on 6th april and they sent docs to dvla. new reg doc arrived this morning so it took just over 5wks

Great stuff! Can’t wait for mine to turn up, all looks good on DVLA site but won’t be happy until I’ve got the hard copy in my hand.

Must admit I'm a little disappointed with that, was hoping mine was going to change to "Pre-historic Vehicle", seems to fit better with a Cobra.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast