GD fog/reverse light stand offs

Hi everyone. As the title suggests, I'm after a pair of GD fog/reverse light circular chrome stand offs. Unfortunately GD won't sell to me as they no longer sell to people building other makes (building an AK very slowly). If anyone has a set spare or knows of another source it would be much appreciated.

Not an answer to your question, sorry, but I'm curious as to their reason; did they tell you why?

They didn't give a reason just that they now don't sell to other makes. They were very polite and wished me well with my project.

Interesting, thanks. I'm not sure on what basis they're legally allowed to withhold goods goods and services from a subset of potential customers, though.

You may be overthinking that, any shop can decline to sell to who or they chose

I had the same issue with them. They told me they were all reserved for upcoming builds.
    Seems a bit daft as they are not cheap so they must make a few quid on them.

I guess you also have to consider that these little touches of design are what makes each marque unique. This is their IP, their USP. Parts like this all add up to a buying decision, I know it did for me. Effort by the company has gone into developing these unique parts and its these little design touches that help to distinguish a GD from an AK from a Kirkham etc., especially if you don't fit the makers bonnet badge. So I for one wouldn't blame them if they want to limit supply to GD builders, if that is what is happening here.

Just my thoughts on it.....
    Andy

Ford 302 336 BHP 331 ft/lb's , GD JAG249 rolling!!
    Engine started August 2011.
    1st Daughter slows progress!

www.andysgd427.blogspot.com

If you are pre paint then why not go one better than the sticky out things and do what I did and French the blighters in. Voila
    Baz

I can understand GD's stance on this, but this applies to everything on the most copied car in the world. If you design and create a part that a lot of people like and you won't sell it to other makes. Someone else will copy your design and sell it on at a cheaper price if demand is high.