Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, give that garage a good clear out and if you find any V8 engines or Jaguar suspension parts you need removing I'd be happy to dispose of them responsibly for you.

Yes, empty the garage, put some stuff in a shed or under a sheet round the back. You know it makes sense.
    Alternative scheme - hinge your bay window like the bow of a ferry and park in the front room, Sit with american diner trays over the door tops while you watch telly. It will be safe and warm....
    Nuf Said

All good points and I absolutely want to keep it close so I can pop out when the opportunity presents.

The "spare" washing machine and dryer units will be offered on our local facebook groups this weekend and external bike storage is being measured up too.

The next challenge will be go through the shelves of tools, bolts and life-tat and start reducing it all significantly!

The cobra will have a proper home!

7 Years later, now IVA passed and registered - DAX 427, SBC 383 Stroker
    mydaxcobrabuild.wordpress.com

Some high up shelves to maximize storage space?

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad73 View Post
    exactly what I did when I had a single garage.

Bit confused, as the pics in the build blog show a garage building the size of a barn!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad73 View Post
    Great point. Getting stuff off the ground makes a massive difference.

If you really don’t fancy sorting the garage or getting a carcoon.... a friend did look at a second hand race car trailer from Brian James. His plan was to sell it on after a year or so, probably see no depreciation at all.

Properly water tight bit of kit, fit lights inside sits, tool space - on proper stands and everything. Handy as damp and mildew can get in with just a cover on.

Make sure you’ve got all the anti theft stuff in place though...

We currently have floor to ceiling shelving down one side and awful pebble dash down the other!

The job this weekend will by get rid of a tumble dryer, a washing machine and order a bike box / shed for the front drive area. Somehow or other, friends convinced us to take them as "spares" should our own ever break down! I think they were just clearing their garage too now! 🤔😂

I have a few things that I'll eBay and a few tools that will need to find a new home but it should be doable.

Once it's cleared down, I'll paint the pebble dash to keep the dust down and line the lower wall with bits of carpet just in case!

I'll also need to seal the concrete floor but I'm now relishing the challenge.

The barn from my build diary was lovely, but up on a friend's farm a couple of miles away. I've now handed the keys back so it's no longer an option for storing stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12