What part is this - HID system

One of my HID lights is not working. I have swapped balasts and bulbs and both work on the offside but not the nearside. The loom looks fine and there is a 12v supply to the ballast connector on the near side so I assume the igniter or some other part has failed.

Only other part I can find in the loom is the one in the attached which I assume is the igniter?

Can anyone confirm what this part is and are they replaceable or would you recommend I just remove the whole lot and replace with LED H4 bulbs like these?

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/col...nversion-9-32v

Thanks

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

Those Classiccarleds are absolutely amazing. Could not be more positive about them. You will find other threads saying the same. My advice is go for them! Seriously, you won’t regret it.

Thanks Chris - maybe a good option although looks like my loom was made for the HID from day 1 and not fitted later so will take some time to remove all the HID wiring, ballasts and igniter etc. Not a major issue just a PITA but presumably less to go wrong in future.

Confirmed the part is the HID relay but cannot find a replacement - it's an old system. Mine has failed on one side. I could splice both sides together but have found the original loom with the usual H4 lamp connectors so will remove the HID system and replace with the LED's above. I can remove the HID loom too and save some weight .

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Those Classiccarleds are absolutely amazing. Could not be more positive about them. You will find other threads saying the same. My advice is go for them! Seriously, you won’t regret it.
    Well you had better be right .

I have ordered the LED replacements and removed the HID wiring from the loom.

HID Wiring.JPG

If anyone wants a pair of HID bulbs and ballasts let me know - you can have them for the postage.

[QUOTE=david.mt;606154]Well you had better be right .

I have ordered the LED replacements and removed the HID wiring from the loom.

HID Wiring.JPG

I'm that confident you will love them that if you don't I might well buy them for you!!! They are as good as the ultra expensive ones in my A8, except I get flashed regularly in that and have NEVER been flashed in the cobra.

And the box they come in is a thing of beauty in itself. So much so my missus kept it and used it for homemade chocolates at Christmas!

I shall wait nervously to hear!!
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Will you buy mine as well? I am already thinking up reasons not to like them..........

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I'm that confident you will love them that if you don't I might well buy them for you!!! They are as good as the ultra expensive ones in my A8, except I get flashed regularly in that and have NEVER been flashed in the cobra.

And the box they come in is a thing of beauty in itself. So much so my missus kept it and used it for homemade chocolates at Christmas!

I shall wait nervously to hear!!
    Hi Chris - you money is safe - fit perfect. Look great too. Also improved my power to weight ratio as I removed the HID balasts and loom! It was slightly more expensive as I had to buy some matching LED side light bulbs!

I now see what you mean about the box .

Phew! Wait til you go out in the dark, you will be amazed how good they are.
    It sure is a lovely box!!
    Have fun