Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot lock keys

Boot lock keys

My car didn’t come with keys for the boot lock. Does anyone know if they can be made from the numbers on the back of the lock or will I have to take it to a locksmith? (When open) these are the only numbers I have.28550441-93B8-4C92-A74C-704F0805D74A.jpegD8B29410-A51A-4A5F-A3BF-1FED1A66A34F.jpeg40A47117-D088-42F7-8068-AD2100590E16.jpeg
    Simon
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

I would have thought it is possible if you know what make the lock
    is.
    A good key cutting place/locksmith should then be able to x reference it
    and cut you a couple of keys for a sensible cost .
    Have you got a good old school type key cutter that's still in business
    in your location ?
    Where I live there is a place called Leigh Lock and Safe that could do
    vertually any key although haven't been there recently.
    Chris.

Simon, when I bought a new rear boot handle it had the same lock as the old one! Might be unusual and or a fluke or it may be that they are all pretty much the same. do you have locking bonnet catches? my boot lock is the same key as those, have you tried that? The number of the lock is actually on the lock barrel itself, there is normally a small opening where you press in a button on the lock barrel which then releases it from the handle, you can then see what the lock No is, from that you will be able to get a key.

Simon is correct about the keys,
    I have checked mine and the bonnet locks use the same key as the boot handle.
    The key number that I have is fs 880 .
    I had forgotten about these locks being common, must be due to ageing !
    Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    Simon is correct about the keys,
    I have checked mine and the bonnet locks use the same key as the boot handle.
    The key number that I have is fs 880 .
    I had forgotten about these locks being common, must be due to ageing !
    Chris.
    I meant James was correct.
    The other thing is if it's of any use, I have a few of these keys and if you are stuck
    you can have one if they suit your handle.

Thank you gents, my bonnet handles don't appear to have locks....... there is no way to remove the barrel from the boot lock, it seems to be crimped in place!
    Chris, are they in Leigh on sea? I'm heading down that way on thursday....I guess they are an "essential" shop.....

Simon
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

If that does not work out Simon, I plan to come and have a look at your car, I bet my keys fit, same no as Chris. Look at ebay, loads of them.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FS880-KEY...MAAOSwqqNfYzn1

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Thank you gents, my bonnet handles don't appear to have locks....... there is no way to remove the barrel from the boot lock, it seems to be crimped in place!
    Chris, are they in Leigh on sea? I'm heading down that way on thursday....I guess they are an "essential" shop.....

Simon
    The address comes under London Rd, Wescliff-on-sea, Southend-on-sea, so you will be near there on Thursday.
    Chris.

The number on ESCUTCHEON is a casting number nothing to do with the key number was a Sandj motors tonight dropping my sump off .FS is a key series and over 100 in series John told me If you send the handle to him he can sort it out for you as he has most of the key and can make the bonnet handle's locking and also supply IVA handle plugs new handle's are about £30each give him a ring Tel number 01257 262881 .and he will not charge locksmith prices .

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    The number on ESCUTCHEON is a casting number nothing to do with the key number was a Sandj motors tonight dropping my sump off .FS is a key series and over 100 in series John told me If you send the handle to him he can sort it out for you as he has most of the key and can make the bonnet handle's locking and also supply IVA handle plugs new handle's are about £30each give him a ring Tel number 01257 262881 .and he will not charge locksmith prices .
    been in touch and dropped my bits in the post today. Thanks for the heads up.

simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast