Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Front number plates

I’m looking for a way to secure a number plate to the front where it is as unobtrusive as possible. Maybe even removable (only for whilst driving on private land obv ). I have nudge bars and was thinking about something like jubilee clips onto the lower bars.
    What have you done? Any recommendations?
    TIA!
    SHELBY :- Dax, Chevy 350, Tremex, side pipes, blue + stripes, cream leather... Beautiful

Sticker on the nose cone underneath the bonnet line is my favourite, or rubber coated P-Clips onto the nudge bar, but a) it blocks the radiator (bad news with your 350) and b) if you position the mounting points wrongly on the plate it swivels around the bar and the “road safety” teams in their camera vans will have you ! (Yes Dek and Aaron, I am still bitter about this). Proper plastic number plate stuck to the nose with sticky pads just looks hideous IMO.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I’ve got mine, as David said, on the lower nudge bar mounted on rubber “P” clips. It is, therefore, possible to rotate it downwards to obscure it for use on “private land” or even upwards to channel more air through the radiator. The minimum cost of a speeding FPN is £100 plus 3 points or Speed Awareness Course cost approximately £100. So most people opt for the course if possible to avoid the points. The cost of an incorrectly displayed or non displayed front number plate is £100 and no points as David found out. (Sorry David to open that wound that obviously hasn’t yet healed!). See where this is going? David, they can only get you if they can read your rear plate. I just don’t know if they have any way of reading the rear plate with another camera in the front, otherwise how would they nick motorcyclists?
    Dek
    ps
    David, have you thought of counselling?
    Last edited by Dek; 08-04-21 at 08:19 PM.

I’ve got a motorcycle sized plate on mine, right angle Ali extrusion sikaflexed- been on for 15+ years (it gets a full size plate in front once a year!).

GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Maybe not quite legal but its not impeding air flow and I don't like the stick on ones, classic Italian size plate

Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    ps
    David, have you thought of counselling?
    No, but I’m thinking I need better friends
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Sticky one on the nose for me......
    IMG_1799.jpg
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Small sticky one, not trying to be personal you understand...

Should I check if I heve any spare of something like this:
    it could be good for a small size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKrrkfTisAg

Full size legal plate tie-wrapped onto the bottom of the front hoop.
    plate.jpg
    ~~~~~~
    Sumo Mk3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast