Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IVA Compliant Fuel Cap

Hi all,

I am looking for a IVA compliant fuel cap for my mk3.

I have one that's not compliant, have anyone got a suggestion for one that is correct for the IVA?

Cheers
    Aaron

Hi Aaron, Brasscraft should be able to supply one.

Mark
    AK gen2 ls3

You can also look at car builder solutions.
    Life is to short so just do it, otherwise you may live to regret it.

DAX TOJEIRO DE DION
    chevy 383 stroker 6.2 LTR 45O HP

Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

The Car Builder version of the aero cap worked for me at IVA (vented type) - just remember to fit a short length of wire to the cap to prevent it from getting lost (IVA Manual 03A - The fuel filler cap must either be tethered to the vehicle or be of a lockable type where the key can only be removed when the cap is locked or an automatically opening and closing, non-removable fuel filler cap.) I also ran an earth wire from the cap fixed part to the chassis 'just in case' to bypass the rubber hose and plastic body shell. All metal fuel tanks must have an earth path to prevent the build up of static electricity.

Was this your permanent solution Rudolph?

I'm in the same predicament but want to end up with an Aston style cap. It appears there is no way of getting a MK3 through IVA with one fitted due to either radius or projection above the body. The Brasscraft one is VFM i'm sure as looks really good quality but i'm after something a little less pricey. Pilgrim can send you out a temporary cap if you go with their Aston cap which (if the image on their website is accurate) looks to be the same as the on on the CBS website https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/chromed-brass-aston-cap which is worrying as it appears to be unvented? I always resent buying direct from Pilgrim a little as i know you can probably get the same products cheaper elsewhere.

There are some nicer alternative options on CBS but im not sure id be able to find a temporary screw on cap for them.
    Building a Mk3 Sumo - Rover 3.5

If you're not meant to eat animals, how come they're made of meat!?

I used the AERO2V - 82mm Locking Fuel Cap Assembly Satin ***Vented*** | Car Builder
    Was supposed to be temporary and I got the cheapest that looked OK and would meet IVA. Intending to change it one day .....

If you have a 3.5 in BSP filler you can get a loaner cap from Car builder solutions.I have got a cap and I am waiting to see if I own it or they sent me a loaner.Watch this space....

I’m in the same boat with a mrk3 Sumo, was going to order one from Pilgrim but if it won’t go through the IVA with it what’s the point. What’s the issue with the Pilgrim one, does it have to lock with a key now, if so how will an Aston type one work? Confused!!!

IF the Pilgrim one is the same as the one from CBS as above then it wont pass the radius test, not sure about being under the 50mm projection from the body? It also wont be vented which it needs to be (although you may be able to get round this by drilling a small vent hole). Not sure if the Pilgrim one comes with locking insert? Probably need a bit more confirmation from Pilgrim on their offering.

Im considering this one from CBS, may need a little more rounding off in a couple of places to get through the radius test but it is close (it is solid aluminium so you can work on it). It also is not vented but apparently you can drill a hole. https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/aston-...locking-insert
    Building a Mk3 Sumo - Rover 3.5

If you're not meant to eat animals, how come they're made of meat!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast