Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    Guys I’m hoping to do it next year, looking at the map from south to north is it better to go clockwise or anti-clockwise?.
    We're going clockwise but our book, the "rough guide to the NC500" goes anticlockwise, which might take a bit of managing... Reading the posts of others I think I prefer clockwise.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    Bugger ! just ordered a big bottle of it too
    By coincidence it turned up 5 minutes after I posted. According to what we ordered from Amazon it is the "original insect repellant formula" but makes no mention of this on the bottle so here's hoping.

By coincidence it turned up 5 minutes after I posted. According to what we ordered from Amazon it is the "original insect repellant formula" but makes no mention of this on the bottle so here's hoping.
    I shouldn't be to concerned David, I understand the Royal Marines used the one with the 'tri-colour' formula, green, brown & black rather than the clear one.

No doubt, you'll soon find out!
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Get one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/VBIGER-Mosq...1010081&sr=8-6 You'll look like a prick but worth every penny!!!
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Avon Skin So Soft, a favourite with the Royal Marines, no longer has the chemical that repels midges.
    So, that begs the question (s).
    What do the Royal Marines use now?
    If the chemical that repels midges has been removed, that chemical must be known, so why I wonder, has it not been developed further?

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by minesamalt View Post
    So, that begs the question (s).
    What do the Royal Marines use now?
    If the chemical that repels midges has been removed, that chemical must be known, so why I wonder, has it not been developed further?

Roger
    The military use DEET based products. Mosquito nets are impregnated with concentrated DEET and personal repellent spays and creams use DEET at 10 to 40% concentrates, the more concentrated the longer it lasts. A spray repellent with 10% DEET would be effective for about 2hrs then you would need to re-apply it. DEET really stings if you get it in the eyes and is toxic if you drink it in concentrated form but safe applied to the skin in lower concentrations.

It is really the only thing that works consistently and don't believe the hype around Skin so Soft, it contains Eucalyptus and Citronella oil but in very diluted doses and so you have to constantly re-apply it for it to be effective.

s-l1600.jpg

images.jpg
    Last edited by bigblock427; 15-05-21 at 08:02 PM.

CONTEMPORARY CCX3-3741

FORD RACING DIVISION 515ci
    JERICO WC4 (Sold)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGUj87r9bY

Don't put it on your forehead, when you sweat it gets in your eyes and stings😫

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad73 View Post
    Don't put it on your forehead, when you sweat it gets in your eyes and stings������
    Given the forecasts, I don't think sweating will be a problem !

Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by braincol View Post
    Given the forecasts, I don't think sweating will be a problem ! Brian.
    Was just about to say the same, except maybe when pushing the car onto the breakdown truck

Weather forecast now looks "Less bad" and having conversed with Charlie and the East Mids tour I think our paths will cross on the north west corner of Scotland sometime next Thursday morning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123