East Anglian Newsletter and meet info - May 2021

Ahoy hoy,
    Here's the link to this month's newsletter - http://www.keepandshare.com/doc24/vi...id=112779&da=y

Follow the link to the full frontal pdf version with full colour photos, or read the text here -

May

Hello hello. ‘Broadsword calling Danny Boy, come in’

We seem to be, optimistically, emerging from some kind of Groundhog Day. Hopefully, you all still well and facing the correct way and the past 6 months or so since the last newsletter seems a distant memory.

As we look out the window of Chez Brown, the sun is shining, and we look to a brighter day.

We have kept ourselves busy, hopefully you have too. On the car front, the grand old Dax is MOT’ed and ready to rumble. Also, Eileen’s Triumph Spitfire resto / rebuild is very close to completion – just waiting for the seat reupholstery parts to arrive.
    “What’s this?” you say. “A club newsletter!”
    Well, yes. Things have started to happen and, therefore, it’s about time we sorted out a monthly meet.

At the end of last month was the Federation of Historic Vehicle Clubs annual “Drive it Day”.
    This is always a good opportunity to go out and about in a special vehicle. So, Andy Soar of AS Motorsports decided to have a suitably considered Open Day on Drive it Day.
    And an excellent day out it was to. Steve took the Dax and met up, on a clear sunny day out in the open with other faces old and new at the home of the ASM R1 Le Mans.
    After so many months, it was heartening to hear so many optimistic comments.

We’ve been thinking about a sensible suitable venue, given current restrictions, to enable us to resume our monthly meets.

… and so, to this month’s (socially responsible distancing) meet on Sunday 16th May at 12:00. The venue was enjoyed by some of us last year, and a sensible choice given the current guidance. So, let’s return to the open-air taproom marque at Starwing Brewery, Unit 6, Hall Farm, Church Road, Redgrave, Suffolk, IP22 1RJ. Bring warm clothes and empty stomachs (they have an outdoor pizza oven).
    Details here – https://starwingbrewery.com/the-tap-room/
    See you there.
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

Hi Steve,
    Can you tell me if anyone is planning to go to the festival of wheels at Trinity Park Ipswich 30/07 - 01/08 if you’re camping?
    Just wondering if there would be a Cobra stand / group only I’ve entered for show & shine and staying the whole weekend?
    Hope your meet at Starwing was good my plans all changed last minute.
    Best regards Mark Chambers
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Hi Mark,
    I wasn't aware of the Trinity Park event. I'm booked in for Helmingham Hall car show on 1st August.

We're likely to return to Starwing brewery in June as it was a good, spacious location.
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

Thanks for reply Steve, I didn’t realise that the two events clashed, like a bus really wait for one and then two come along! I’ve entered my car into a show and shine event but this is all new to me, so if I get positive vibes from the event I’ll sgare with you for possible future meets. Look forward to June meet hope the bloody sun shines
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Silverstone Classic is that weekend too. Guess which one I'm booked in for
    Pity, as I really like the Helmingham Hall show too.
    I'm hoping I can make it to Starwing (or wherever is decided) in June, it's been maybe 3 years since I've made it to a meet...
    --
    Richard
    GD Mk3 LS6