Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Nantwich Cheshire
    Age
    54
    Posts
    415

    Grey Cobras Paint Colours

    Well after 4 and a bit years I've finally reached the paint stage and am booked in.
    I'd be interested in seeing any pics of grey cobras, especially if you have black stripes.

    I've been given a couple of samples of Ferrari colours
    grigio sliverstone and grigio titanio. If anyone has had either of these colours it would be great to see some pics.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,599
    - just make sure it doesn't look like grey primer!
    I've seen a few audi TTs that look abs terrible.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

    Not listed in the Shelby Register.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hockley ,Essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    471
    Is Eastern Block or Battleship grey still in vogue ?
    I could never understand why people liked these depressing colours
    other than not needing to be washed very often.
    Everyone to there own I suppose .
    Chris.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hockley ,Essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    471
    My appologies if I have offended anyone,
    just my view .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Nantwich Cheshire
    Age
    54
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    - just make sure it doesn't look like grey primer!
    I've seen a few audi TTs that look abs terrible.
    No, I know the colours you mean, they look like an unfinished airfix kit.

    This is the colour I'm thinking..
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Reading, Berks, UK.
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by incey1966 View Post
    Well after 4 and a bit years I've finally reached the paint stage and am booked in.
    I'd be interested in seeing any pics of grey cobras, especially if you have black stripes.

    I've been given a couple of samples of Ferrari colours
    grigio sliverstone and grigio titanio. If anyone has had either of these colours it would be great to see some pics.
    Metallic grey ? base and clear, pearl base ? quite a few to choose from

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Portsmouth, Hampshire
    Posts
    478
    I think the flat 'primer' grey is an age thing. My Cobra is in grey gel coat and youngsters love it and think it is painted !
    Paul

    SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northampton
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,924
    I used to really dislike the flat-grey look .. it's grown on me to the point I was considering it as a Cobra colour!

    That said, if someone wants to give me an F12 in the colour above, I'll happily take it...
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,599
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I used to really dislike the flat-grey look .. it's grown on me to the point I was considering it as a Cobra colour!

    That said, if someone wants to give me an F12 in the colour above, I'll happily take it...
    said the Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design Club (Yellow car chapter)
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

    Not listed in the Shelby Register.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    said the Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design Club (Yellow car chapter)
    I wasn’t going to reply to this thread until Kev provoked me...the original builder of my car (In Maidstone) debated for ages, and then painted it grey. A later owner had a different idea

    Each to their own, but I have loved the descriptions I’ve read here, I think “Airfix Kit” is my favourite. For the record I don’t think Aaron is considering yellow, despite my efforts to persuade him otherwise and I think Dek has been equally unsuccessful lobbying for aubergine.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

    Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •