Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    That's some gains in rigidity. The Dax back bone was a lot less and would be interested in how much that improved the chassis.
    Concerning the gearbox location for the gear shift is in front of the two top cross sections other wise you might have cleance issues with the location and later boxes like the T56 Magnum are slightly longer.
    The width at the back might stop the seats from being pushed far enough back. The seats in the back braces chassis are slightly off set at an angle for clearance something to consider for seat location.
    I've done cad simulations with dax back bone, i will try this evening to find model and give numbers for comparison if some interrest.
    I've done tests with my seats and it's fine but effectivly need to be sligthly angled (from top view seat is aligned to pedal box, as in backdraft and many others cars)
    For gearbox, gear shift located in middle on top back bone x tubing.

I've retreive cad datas : dax back bone give +30% in torsionnal rigidity :
    TorsionnalV1.jpg

That's brilliant. Very interesting to see the actual figures. That's a good improvement. Your design takes it to another level of 70% improvement torsion rigidity. Looking at your figures earlier from non back bone to your design. Are you willing to share your design ?

This forum is really helpfull and i like the positive state of mind of the members, no problem to share or help (via mp) when a member will go to that route.
    TorsionnalV18.jpg

Chassis has been paint with polyurethane paint, old trans tunnel removed and then make a try to mary them together ... measures and cad modeling seem to be correct, perfect fit !
    DaxBodyOnChassis.jpg

This looks like a nice solid back bone.
    Where the chassis to body was pop riveted. How you looking to re-attach the floor to the chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    This looks like a nice solid back bone.
    Where the chassis to body was pop riveted. How you looking to re-attach the floor to the chassis.
    I plan to bolt body to chassis with top aluminium ribbon plates to have more uniform efforts. I think to put also rubber ribon under body to avoid squeak noise. My goal is to keep possibility to remove body. Riveted and glued dax technique may add some minor rigidity but with this back bone rigidity is not a problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123