Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ECM 2022 - The Netherlands

Hello,

Although Covid caused the cancellations of the 2020 and 2021 ECMs we, the Dutch, are keen to organise the next ECM in 2022. We had a Dutch ECM before, and what a fantastic and fun event on the Raceway Circuit at Venray it was. That was in 2012, so a 10 year anniversary edition is a very attractive idea.

But how do we approach this?

The Netherlands is known for its flat low-lying landscape, but we also have a very attractive area with rolling hills. That's why this time we have chosen a location in the deep South of The Netherlands, in the beautiful Limburg countryside. Next to this we'll also visit Belgium, the Ardennes, and Germany. Just picture the wonderful green low mountains of the Eifel area. In short, it will be a truly international ECM that offers visits to multiple countries over just a few days. This is a great opportunity to tour through many different landscapes.

Our plan covers Friday the 24th to Sunday the 26th of June 2022 - and of course we'll also explore possibilities for an Early Bird program. We're very keen to move forward, but we first need to gauge the level of interest in this ECM. We don't require your registration yet, but would like to know your intentions. Given the current and possibly ongoing uncertain and challenging environment, this information will greatly assist us with our ongoing planning and negotiations.

So please let us know if you intend to participate or not by clicking the link below. (* Please respond before 13 June).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WXt...requested=true
    Kind regards,

Rocco Jansen

Saier Cobra - Pilgrim Sumo MK3 - Dax IRS - Dax DeDion

This looks like a very interesting and attractive meet. However, the first thing that came to my mind and possibly others is the attitude towards the British and Brexit. No one really knows what is happening and what is going to happen in the future.
    I was supposed to go to Le Mans this year but when I got the opportunity to get a refund I took it because of Brexit, COVID, and the general attitude of the French towards the British. (Sorry if there are any French reading this, no insults intended)
    With the present situation of the pandemic where attitudes and laws are changing nearly on a weekly basis, it takes a brave person to commit to such a trip with the expense and the risk of losing it.
    This is just my thoughts and 2d’s worth. Others may disagree.
    Otherwise I would be very interested in taking part.
    I would not want to commit though till much nearer the date.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Hello David,

The Brexit will have little or no impact if you visit continent for an event like this. You will still need a passport and have to take into account changing from your money GBP to EURO. Or just use your credit-card.

Unfortunately, I can't make any predictions about Covid-19, but I don't think anyone can.

At this point we just want to know how much interest there is. Based on that we can work out our plans. At some point you will have to make a booking, but that is not yet the case.
    Kind regards,

Rocco Jansen

Adding to what Resik said, please feel very welcome in the Netherlands, attitude towards the Brittish has not changed due to Brexit in my opinion, and certainly not in the Cobra Enthousiast group that you will mostly be dealing with. And the French, well, one of our politicians once said: "France, it's such a beautiful country, it has Rivers, mountains, beaches, forests etc, it's just a pity there are so many French people over there....." 🤣🤣😉

Cool

And we will avoid this point of view during the ECM
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kind regards,

Rocco Jansen

I'm looking forward to visiting Holland again, I've always found the people very friendly and have signed up.

Some years back in Amsterdam I was lost and asked a traffic policeman on a motorbike if he could direct me to a well known canal-side street with some interesting shop windows. Not only did he give me excellent directions, they were delivered in faultless English. Before you ask I was only "window shopping" and nor did I inhale anything...

Hopefully any mention of unsavoury political matters can be avoided - after all, 51.89 % of the British disagreed on this issue with 48.11 of their own countrymen...(who expressed a preference).
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    I'm looking forward to visiting Holland again, I've always found the people very friendly and have signed up.

Some years back in Amsterdam I was lost and asked a traffic policeman on a motorbike if he could direct me to a well known canal-side street with some interesting shop windows. Not only did he give me excellent directions, they were delivered in faultless English. Before you ask I was only "window shopping" and nor did I inhale anything...

Hopefully any mention of unsavoury political matters can be avoided - after all, 51.89 % of the British disagreed on this issue with 48.11 of their own countrymen...(who expressed a preference).

Well said that man! There have always been very close ties between the Dutch and the Brits, and I know Rocco and the Netherlands Cobra Club will make us all very welcome.

The venue is only a 3.5 hour drive from Calais, so it's really easy to get to. It also lends itself nicely to a post-ECM onward tour down through Germany to the Alps, which I can't wait to start planning!

I believe the response so far from the questionnaire has been overwhelmingly positive, so let's hope Covid finally allows us all to get together again next June.
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

i have a couple of friends in holland they make us very welcome , in my humble opinion the french do as well , and yes i have shown interest about going as we have still got ferry booked from Hull to Rotterdam, Pete

I would be interested in coming along with the wife. But I suspect, as usual the price will include the Hotel and I want to book my own Hotel and not have it chosen for me
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

For this moment we want to known the intentions for an ECM 2022 in the Netherlands.
    Kind regards,

Rocco Jansen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast