Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vehicle registration

My Pilgrim Sumo based on donor car 'G' reg Sierra past IVA on 7th June.

3 days later recorded delivery confirmed DVLA received my application for registration.... then nothing?

Now as I had real issues with lack of DVLA communication with IVA application being put on hold but not contacting me with reason I am concerned as they have not even acknowledge receipt of my application.

Anyone applied for registration lately, if so how long did it take? Did you receive anything confirming application had been received?...... thanks

I'm sure that I read somewhere recently that there was strike action at DVLA. Having said that, last week I registered a car, took a cherished number off the old one and put it on the new one all online and it was instant although it took five working days for the new V5C to arrive in the post.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

It took the DVLA about 5 weeks to reply to my application. They then asked me to provide the built up vehicle form. About a week after submitting that i phoned for an update and got the registration number.

Cheers, Mark

I think i sent my docs in first week of June. They contacted me approx 12 days later to say I underpaid and needed another cheque for £14.
    Then nothing until I used the direct contact info on the email on 22nd and received verbal registration number, followed by the V5 in the post approx 25th
    Russ

www.russhowell.com
    AK Cobra - LS3

Quote Originally Posted by Russhowell View Post
    I think i sent my docs in first week of June. They contacted me approx 12 days later to say I underpaid and needed another cheque for £14.
    Then nothing until I used the direct contact info on the email on 22nd and received verbal registration number, followed by the V5 in the post approx 25th
    That's interesting as my application was sent on 8th recorded delivery (as suggested by IVA tester) and DVLA received it on 10th, so probably about 2/3 days after yours.

I asked for the tax to start 1st June but obviously not if I only get reg on last day of the month, still would need to get plates made up anyway!

I will leave it until after celebrating Englands win over Germany then chase it

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post
    I will leave it until after celebrating Englands win over Germany then chase it
    May be longer than the average build time then!

Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    May be longer than the average build time then!
    2-0

In fact England beating the Germans was easier than me getting any sense out of DVLA

Web chat 'bot' was waste of time, web chat real person could not answer my questions due limited access... advised to phone.

Phone lines very busy due strike action...'try later'

The thing is to jump through the application 'hoops' for IVA and registration and spend best part of £1,000 doing so you just want to use the bloody car while we still have a few days of summer to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhowell View Post
    Agent (on line chat) did not have access to my application but said wait time is 6-10 weeks, but due Covid might take longer.

Appears you were very lucky or she was talking BS

I know a fella trying to get his newly IVA'd GBS Zero registered.. he sent his paperwork to the DVLA on May 15th - he's still waiting..

[Edit] I take that back - he got his registration through this week.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I know a fella trying to get his newly IVA'd GBS Zero registered.. he sent his paperwork to the DVLA on May 15th - he's still waiting..

[Edit] I take that back - he got his registration through this week.
    So about 7 weeks

And they aren't even able to take phone calls (tried 4 times now)

It's just my concern there is a problem but they don't communicate with me that application is on hold, this is what happened for IVA application and it wasted a month.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast