Help - intake manifold problem

I've been working through a list of jobs before my car goes for paint.
    One of the was to plumb the heater into the cooling circuit.
    I had plugged the inlet manifold and water pump take off so I could run the engine and check the cooling.
    As fairly simple job I thought.

Unfortunately the plug on the intake manifold has stripped on removal.
    It looks like its the plug that has lost its thread rather than the inlet manifold.
    I really, really don't want to pull the intake manifold but If I chase the inlet manifold threads out I'm gonna get a load of bits of metal in my cooling circuit. Anyone any bright ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by incey1966; 01-07-21 at 06:05 PM.

Judging by what I flushed out of my coolant system, I'd be surprised if a few fragments of thread will cause you any problems. However, you could coat it in grease before you chase it out; that should mean almost all of it is caught in the grooves of the tap.
    ~~~~~~
    Sumo Mk3

Not a bad idea. I could do that and then flush the system a couple of times. All I need to do now is find out the thread size and obtain a tap…

I might put a small piece of very greasy rag in the water way and pick the bits of the lost thread out with a small screwdriver first, as it looks like the thread has come away in one or two pieces - do this before trying to tap it. If you catch the large bits on the rag the tiny fragments will not matter. If you have left most of the thread in there and you try to tap it I think there is more chance of the tap binding and causing more damage. Use a tap to repair the thread later.

Yep I think your right. I think there is quite a bit of lost thread still in the intake. I'll give it a go. Cheers