Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That sounds like a good solution Alan, and sound like it's worth the money too. Especially for doing a route for loads of people.
    I've been testing calimoto. A motorcycle app devised for picking out twisty roads primarily. But it seems to work well for setting a route.
    One tiny problem is when I use the phone to play music as well, the sat nav instructions sound much quieter than the music. It reduces the music volume when the instructions are spoken but is still a little quiet.
    I've only tested on my bike yet with the phone in my pocket so when i use it in the car I should be able to see the screen for help.
    I'll try settings for the volumes to see if I can balance things up, but so far it's OK
    Could well look at My route app Gold in the future though.
    Cheers

The best navigation app by far is Scenic.

The only problem is that currently it's only available for iPhone/iOS, although they are planning an Android version.

If you're an iPhone man (I never have been, but I switched to an iPhone just to be able to use this fantastic app!) then this is the app to go for. It's intuitive, and best of all it handles the situation where you're forced to deviate from your nicely planned route (e.g due to an accdient or road works) exactly as it should. In my experience most apps or devices keep trying to take you back, and if you skip that waypoint they just take the shortest route to your destination!
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Just had this in my email box.
    For those people who want to plan a route , this looks really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FqtpiWkHQc

Not Exactly free but might be worth the 99 Euros for the lifetime membership.
    Cheers

As I mentioned above MRA is excellent, and is my preferred route planning app. They've sent out various lifetime Gold membership offers, and I'm very tempted by this latest €99 offer!
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Very nice,
    not entirely unlike the View Ranger app I use. (free version).
    There is a paid version which I think is very similar to MRA.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

I use a free app called Navmii. The great thing about this app is you can use this off line. No wifi or mobile data connection is required. You download your maps ( U.K. & ROI and some Europe destinations are all free) and these are stored on the phone. I have down loaded maps for holiday destinations Europe. You can go to walk to car setting. Also down load the POI . You can plan your route and share it with others. It also uses what3words for locations. Great app.
    If you go to mobile data it does traffic updates. All other users data is used for traffic conditions.
    Last edited by jon1d; 18-08-21 at 11:49 AM.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12