Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    No I mean - a price tag the owners of a million-pound car don't blink at paying
    What sort of money are we talking for headers and a system ?

Just headers, as I already have the sidepipes - £5000..

Clucking Bell

Jeez!, I had my whole system from engine block to tail pipe bespoke made in stainless steel with 3 visits to my house for trial fittings for a tad under £1000, I guess there are advantages to living down here in the wilds of the west country

Crikey.
    There must be a lot of brasso on those pipes.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I have often pondered the possibility of buying something like this and fettling a set rather than starting from scratch https://www.summitracing.com/parts/snh-ff391-p

Still a gamble and a lot of work no doubt! Would be interesting to see how near they would be though. Getting around the steering probably an issue.
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Could you not just remove the lower section of the screen and drill 2 holes so the wires are hidden?

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    Jeez!, I had my whole system from engine block to tail pipe bespoke made in stainless steel with 3 visits to my house for trial fittings for a tad under £1000, I guess there are advantages to living down here in the wilds of the west country
    Crikey, that is cheap! The best price I had was ~£1800 (IIRC) from Dax, but that would involve trailering the car to them..

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I have often pondered the possibility of buying something like this and fettling a set rather than starting from scratch https://www.summitracing.com/parts/snh-ff391-p

Still a gamble and a lot of work no doubt! Would be interesting to see how near they would be though. Getting around the steering probably an issue.
    Oh I, er, have a set of those I had much the same idea - if all else fails they might make a decent set of starter tubes at least; mine are Chineseum copies though and the welding is .. well, mine looks nicer!

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad73 View Post
    Could you not just remove the lower section of the screen and drill 2 holes so the wires are hidden?
    Not sure - I thought the frame was a complete circle rather than four sections, but perhaps I didn't look closely enough! It would be better if the wires exited downward, that's for sure. The screen needs to come out eventually anyway (to fit the centre stay and rear view mirror etc as the glass gets in the way of the drill!) so I can have a look then
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123