Thermolite Block fixings

Has anyone got any tips on fixing to thermolite blocks?
    You know the ones that are really soft. So soft they won't hold normal rawlplug.
    I've seen some resin bonded ones I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's used them..

I've used resin bonded fixings quite a bit for holding down machinery on forecourts and fixing to solid walls. Really easy to use but make sure you blow out all the loose material from inside the hole or they don't work. The industrial kit I use has a large hand operated air pump ( like a bike pump but bigger) just for that reason.
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

Resins work really well, but follow the advice above as dust in the hole is not good. Also look at the size of the tube because some are the usual single plunger tubes and some use a special co-axial plunger system that requires a special applicator and a set of mixing nozzles - not a cheap tool - Fischer FIP Co-Axial Applicator Gun (toolstation.com)

Cheers Chaps, I’ll give them a go.

I have these blocks. I call them cheese blocks ! It really depends on how much weight you want to hang. Any thing heavy like a shelf or T.V. I would always use resin. Forget normal raw plugs they will just spin. You can I have used the screw in type for light things. The do different size M6 ,m8 and M10. I have hung mirrors with these types and did a pull test and they can take a lot of weight.

https://www.toolstation.com/dewalt-a...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Last edited by jon1d; 13-08-21 at 02:35 PM.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355