Double screen washer

Hi does anybody have a clue where I can get an IVA legal double chrome screen washer please. The one at S&J doesn’t look IVA compliant with the radiuses Regards John

Would this do as a temporary solution?
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Looks ok Martin, is it in chrome ?

There seems to be lots of choices although I'm not sure what criteria you have to meet. For example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231912568...sAAOSwpoJXDmzI

One thing worth noting, is that most of these are designed to mount through sheet metal. Our fibreglass cars are thick enough, there's not enough thread left to get the nut on. I counter-bored the holes for mine from underneath to make allowance for the nuts. A bit nervous doing it as if I were to counter-bore too far.....
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
    There seems to be lots of choices although I'm not sure what criteria you have to meet. For example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231912568...sAAOSwpoJXDmzI

One thing worth noting, is that most of these are designed to mount through sheet metal. Our fibreglass cars are thick enough, there's not enough thread left to get the nut on. I counter-bored the holes for mine from underneath to make allowance for the nuts. A bit nervous doing it as if I were to counter-bore too far.....
    won;t pass IVA John, sadly.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumbers View Post
    Hi does anybody have a clue where I can get an IVA legal double chrome screen washer please. The one at S&J doesn’t look IVA compliant with the radiuses Regards John
    Unlikely you'll find a compliant chrome one.
    Your best bet is just to fit a complaint plastic one. Thats what most of us have done.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I fitted S&J ones and they IVA are compliant. Unless they have changed in last 7 years
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Think I’ll just fit a plastic one for now and change after IVA, thanks guys.

On my Dax I fitted a single head double jet on centre line then after passing IVA I very carefully counter bored the under scuttle panel as mentioned to be able to get a couple of turns with the nut and washer to retain the chrome single post double jet that goes straight where you have already drilled... HTH. Mark.
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy