Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Agreed value - valuation

Hi all,

Big day tomorrow and I pick up the cobra! Very excited indeed! 😁😁😁

Nice 3 hour drive home to get to terms with her but one thing I'm struggling to find is a place to get the agreed value assessment done. I live on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border so anything around there would be helpful. I've got 14 days to get it done but I can't seem to find anywhere. I've tried some local classic car garages but they aren't interested. Thanks in anticipation.

What Cobra is it, what is it powered by, gearbox etc?
    I am with Blackford Bloor who have insured mine ever since build. Although I built her I am officially the third owner as I sold her and bought her back. Give them a ring and see what they say. State how much you paid for the car.
    They based my evaluation on past evaluations and over the last three year since she has been back in my possession, I have increased the value with no quibble as I have improved the car.
    Most insurance companies will want photos of the car, inside, outside, engine bay etc.
    David Brookes is recognised by many insurance companies to provide an evaluation, he may do that by photos. He is based I believe in Sheffield. Failing that, the kit manufacturer should be able to give you a value.
    Also try speaking to the previous owner, he may have a valuation document that he would be willing to pass onto you.

I am the area rep for the Wessex area covering Dorset, some of Hampshire and if you squint hard enough, Wiltshire for those who wish to branch out. And a few do. Would be nice to meet you and the car sometime.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Anthony is the man you need to speak to of Absolute Horse Power. Goes by the name of Chimera on here. He will be able to help you out

Paul
    AK, on the road Oct 2012

Hi Paul and David,

She is an 06 Dax, de Dion chassis, hard top, 8.2lt big block with EFI, TKO600 box, 502bhp & 567 torque and 4 pot front, 2 pot rear. Was for sale on hallmark cars. Under the skin she's pristine, I'll pop the obligatory engine pic up in a moment. Exterior wise, and to be honest how I like it, it's a nod to the original racing cobras. Hand painted graphics and numbers, white exhausts and fake patina in the black paint. My worry is it might be marked down on its exterior look as it's not the usual blue with white stripes.

I'm definitely up for meeting some of the clan however with the weather the way it is this year, it might be next summer at this rate.

I have done a few valuations for Club Members.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Quote Originally Posted by Roundozo View Post
    Hi all,

Big day tomorrow and I pick up the cobra! Very excited indeed! 😁😁😁

How did the pick up go? Happy with her?
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Surely you can just provide the invoice amount - that's the valuation at the moment?

I suppose that only proves what you paid for it, not what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnymathew View Post
    I suppose that only proves what you paid for it, not what it's worth.
    It was bought from a dealer - a willing buyer and a willing seller - I would say that's a good indication of value. Trust me - I am an accountant .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast