Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I haven't received them yet. They say they will contact me within 3 business days to arrange delivery within 8 business days.
    So I guess you're looking at a week or two for delivery...

any update ??

I finally succumbed and just purchased a set today :eek they will come in handy having 3 Mini R50's in the family, lol
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    they will come in handy having 3 Mini R50's in the family, lol
    Are they as troublesome as the R56!? I need to find the time to take the front end off 'er indoorses so I can do the oil filter/cooler gaskets.. might as well do the turbo feed & return at the same time while I'm in there but I'm not looking forward to having to pull the slam panel etc forward to do it!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

i don't think as un reliable as the R56 engine - although the R56 does depend on which engine is in it N14 or N18.

Ours are just standard petrol models but they are getting on a bit so usual wear and tear issues (my aux belt snapped other week for example) and i've replaced radiators on all of them plus exhausts etc

Great cars though, daughter loves hers and this is the 2nd time i've owned mine - originally purchased for £5k, sold for £3k and purchased back again about 4 yrs ago for 400 quid, lol. been my daily since.

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

The OHs is an N14 so we got all the bad bits - automatic, too, for additional things to go wrong to be honest though, it's been wear & tear items mostly. Timing chain (which I did as soon as the rattle started so no other damage), two snapped springs, things like that. The only thing that isn't exactly wear & tear would be the valve stem seals which would have been expensive if they weren't DIYable - but that's a BMW trait and I know I'll probably end up doing them on the 650 as well..

I have to admit to enjoying driving hers, too, though it would be better with a manual gearbox. Every now and then I contemplate a cheap R55 Clubman (Cooper S, of course) but apparently I'm not allowed the 650, TDV8 RRS and a Clubman, and I don't know how to give either of the others up!
    My DeDion build diary..

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    any update ??

I finally succumbed and just purchased a set today :eek they will come in handy having 3 Mini R50's in the family, lol
    I received them a week after I ordered them which I thought was pretty good. They txt you with a 3 hour delivery slot which you can accept or decline.
    Haven’t set them up yet though as I went on holiday the day after they arrived..

good to hear

i'll expect mine towards end of next week or so then - excellent.

Mine arrived on Friday, strapped to a pallet, with 3 pallets either side so 7 heavy duty pallets all together.
    now need to find a way to get rid of them!
    Keep Safe - Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Carsnjets View Post
    now need to find a way to get rid of them!
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...cycled+pallets

Then, once you've wasted enough time on YouTube .. drag them to the local tip instead
    My DeDion build diary..

Stick them on Freecycle...
    Mine went within a couple of hours....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast