Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Scissor Lifts - again...

I'm thinking about buying a lift.
    However I only have a single garage so ideally I would like to be able to drag it on to the drive to work on the car.
    I was thinking about something like this https://www.automotechservices.co.uk...-scissor-lift/

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has one or something similar, just to see how mobile it really is....

Looks OK to me,
    I can't help you about how well it performs though, this is something that
    I am looking at as my wife has informed me that I am beginning to get a bit older !
    This is similar to some of the scissor lifts that I used a while back in Saar Louis in the
    fatherland .Those would be a bit better due to the fact that you could stand under the
    vehicle that you was working on, so therefore a higher lift .
    These lifts were designed to be portable and we used them in the ford factory as
    mentioned before. I could remove and refit a turbo assembly on the early Focus diesels
    in less than twenty five minutes, would struggle to achieve that now.
    The point that I am making is the lift that you have mentioned could be a good idea
    and will look into it a bit more, unfortunately the height in my garage will not allow much
    over 1m like yours .
    I am fortunate that my garage is a double width one which is a big help in many respects.
    Chris.

Will add that the floor in the fraud plant was nice and smooth.

It looks like it would be up to the job but it would be nice to know how easy it is to move about.
    They also do a single post mobile lift which looks ideal but I'm not sure I have the width to fit it and the car in the garage.

https://www.automotechservices.co.uk...-vehicle-lift/

Quote Originally Posted by incey1966 View Post
    I'm thinking about buying a lift.
    However I only have a single garage so ideally I would like to be able to drag it on to the drive to work on the car.
    I was thinking about something like this https://www.automotechservices.co.uk...-scissor-lift/

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has one or something similar, just to see how mobile it really is....
    The total weight of the lift works out at 280 kg's for your info .
    Chris.

Cheers, I suppose it depends how good the wheel kit that comes with it is…

Total weight of mine was 850Kg - granted that includes the hydraulic motor pack, so I'd guess more like 5-600Kg for the scissor assembly itself.. and it's pretty mobile as long as the floor is flat (any large humps and it grounds itself as the lift only rises about 1" off the floor, and the wheels are about ~6ft apart).

This ought to be much more mobile, based on that, but no personal experience of this one.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

[QUOTE=incey1966;609732]It looks like it would be up to the job but it would be nice to know how easy it is to move about.
    They also do a single post mobile lift which looks ideal but I'm not sure I have the width to fit it and the car in the garage.

I have a single post (love it). With a few wooden blocks you can park the cobra over it - left hand wheels driven over the arms. That's what I do. I usually end up lifting the cobra a few inches as it is an easier height even when working under the bonnet
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I usually end up lifting the cobra a few inches as it is an easier height even when working under the bonnet
    I like that idea; helps avoid what I call "Cobra Calf".
    ~~~~~~
    Sumo Mk3

I have a half height 2 poster, I love it.
    So far had a Cobra, Focus, Mondeo estate, a couple MX5s, a Porsche Boxster S and a 65 Mustang on it.
    I haven't tried my full fat Range Rover on it.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast