Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nuf_said View Post
    Thanks. Good stuff to know. I just recall my old MOT tester saying visual smoke only for all kit cars. When I said the same to the current tester he said yes, visual smoke only, but I noticed he still shoved the probe in the exhaust.
    nuf said
    The tester that I used for a long time never did put the prob up the exhaust on my rv8 until the last test he
    did two years ago, I didn't ask him why or what the readings were but come away with a pass .He is now retired,
    I used the same test centre because they seem to be ok with our type of cars and was happy.
    The current tester/centre that I use has not put prob anywhere near my cob the last two tests although
    he did ask me if I knew the vehicle weight ?
    Think he knows his stuff, long may this continue.
    Chris.

Cars built and registered pre SVA are visual smoke for MOT.

Checked the plugs today all of them were white which I thing means a lean mixture, if I'm right I think they should be a tan colour. Also checked the compression on each cylinder highest was 158 psi on left bank lowest was 145 psi, the right bank highest was148 psi and lowest was 141 psi. with engine warmed right up.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keithlean1 View Post
    Checked the plugs today all of them were white which I thing means a lean mixture, if I'm right I think they should be a tan colour. Also checked the compression on each cylinder highest was 158 psi on left bank lowest was 145 psi, the right bank highest was148 psi and lowest was 141 psi. with engine warmed right up.

Keith
    Your compression readings are very similar to my RV8, I think that is reasonable but would add that it
    is not that easy to get very accurate readings due to the hydraulic lifters, mine are Rhoads lifters with a
    270 2 Piper cam .
    As for your plugs being white, I would definitely richen the mixture a bit .
    My plugs run fairly dark but not sooty, no visual smoke.
    Chris.

You want an MOT tester who will put the probe up the exhaust of a completely different car altogether to get you a pass…..😜😜😜😜😜😜

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    You want an MOT tester who will put the probe up the exhaust of a completely different car altogether to get you a pass…..
    Lol - where's the Like button?!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    You want an MOT tester who will put the probe up the exhaust of a completely different car altogether to get you a pass…..������������� ���������������� �����
    I can equate to that, a tester used my old 1999 Focus to get a Ferrari through !
    Chris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12