Effect of E10 fuel on fuel tank

I have a 20 year old GD Mk3 with what I believe to be a mild steel fuel tank......at least the original invoice includes a m/steel fuel tank. With E10 fuel I understand there are corrosive/rusting issues and I was wondering whether I should be replacing it or at least coating the inside with something like this tank sealers.

The alternative of a new stainless GD fuel tank is an expensive option but I do not want to end up with the bottom falling out of my fuel tank at some crucial time in the future! MI have the car in bits at present so want to make a decision before putting the tank back in.

Has anyone any thoughts/insights on this matter and have you seen a sealing product such as that mentioned which specifically makes mention of protection against E10 fuel for tanks (or is it a marketing ruse?).

Many thanks

Martin

The easy option is don’t use E10! If you use E5 then cancel the ethanol with a chemical additive such as TetraBoost.
    Alternatively Esso Supreme is currently ethanol free.
    I have written several posts about this. I will only use E5 in desperation and only with additive. In my view ethanol in a classic is nasty and to be avoided!!!!

time for a class action lawsuit (or whatever) against the government for intentionally damaging cars ???
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    time for a class action lawsuit (or whatever) against the government for intentionally damaging cars ???
    What annoys me most about the whole thing is the inevitable waste. Wasted fields where either trees or food would be better grown, wasted equipment from the damaged components adding carbon, wasted mpg because it’s less efficient and wasted effort because if you sum all that up it is damaging to the environment not helpful!

exactly that Chris - causing more damage that what it is supposed to prevent
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    The easy option is don’t use E10! If you use E5 then cancel the ethanol with a chemical additive such as TetraBoost.
    Alternatively Esso Supreme is currently ethanol free.
    I have written several posts about this. I will only use E5 in desperation and only with additive. In my view ethanol in a classic is nasty and to be avoided!!!!
    I’ve started using TetraBoost Chris since you previously recommended it. If E5 is phased out do you know if TetraBoost will still be effective by doubling up on the quantity?
    Dek

What annoys me most about the whole thing is the inevitable waste. Wasted fields where either trees or food would be better grown, wasted equipment from the damaged components adding carbon, wasted mpg because it’s less efficient and wasted effort because if you sum all that up it is damaging to the environment not helpful!
    Methinks in a few years time this will turnout to be a re-run of the benefits to the environment of going diesel!
    Dek

Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    I’ve started using TetraBoost Chris since you previously recommended it. If E5 is phased out do you know if TetraBoost will still be effective by doubling up on the quantity?
    Dek
    I anticipate a variety of additives will be developed for the classic market. Watch this space!! The guys at Classic Oils will be able to advise on the amount/effectiveness of using it in E10.

I anticipate a variety of additives will be developed for the classic market. Watch this space!! The guys at Classic Oils will be able to advise on the amount/effectiveness of using it in E10.
    Thanks Chris for the link.
    Dek

I had to fill with E10 a couple of days ago. Poor performance,loos of power and pinking. Put in a can of LIQUI MOLY E10 ADDITIVE PETROL FUEL STABILISER CONDITIONER . It works and performance back to normal.
    Stephen High C/R high cam 3.5 Rover