Sunday 10th October

Well I'm back in the Cobra albeit with a bandaged hand and very straight finger having made it to the Goodwood Revival and back in one piece.
    So 10th October, weather dependant as always, how about it? Thinking of trying to achieve Compton Abbas Airfield as I have been threatening to do this for a number of months. Geoff, you've been very patient!!
    Or the normal venue, the Horton Inn, who seem to want to open on an as and when basis!

Although for obvious reasons the last couple of years have seen less and less cars and I am keen to make a success of this meet. Its a little late in the year but next year I hope to start with all guns blazing with perhaps another venue. The Horton Inn is pretty central for visitors from other areas as well as the immediate Geography for the Wessex region. Plus we do get a rolling car show as the Cranborne Road is very popular for other clubs and their classic cars as well as motor cycles of all shapes, sizes and age. But I do get the feeling the venue has sort of, 'run its course', so we are open to suggestions. We just want to try to attract more members to come and join us. The more members, the more likelihood of planning successful excursions in our toys.

Hope to see you within the next couple of weeks. For those wanting to come on the 10th, please state your venue preference, I'll start.........Compton Abbas!

All the best.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

I’ll try come for the last drive of the season as they say. I’m up for the airfield. Are we doing a meet point near town then push up?

Anyone up for meeting at this airfield? I’ll be going regardless, aim to be there for about 12. Probably on my own as t’ wife is a little under the weather. But we’ll see.
    Dan, happy to meet up at your workshop at about 11 if you want to go up as a pair? Let me know.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Sorry to miss this meet Guys, between family commitments and multiple ignition problems not done as many miles as usual this year so it would have been good but still more family commitments got in the way...Compton is a favorite Sunday coffee run for us...

Sorry to have missed the three that turned up , I had to help get someone bogged down in a field and arrived about 12.50.
    Nice drive out in the sunshine though.
    GD Euro 427
    LS1 / T56

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Sorry to have missed the three that turned up , I had to help get someone bogged down in a field and arrived about 12.50.
    Nice drive out in the sunshine though.
    We must have missed you by seconds.
    We arrived at around 11:45 and met two other Cobras there along with a Jaguar XK120. We left what I thought was just before 1.

My car won’t be coming off the road immediately so perhaps an ad hoc drive up there again soon Trevor and Geoff? A few more of us showed an interest as well so possibly within the next couple or three weeks.
    See how it goes, aye?
    David.

Ad Hoc sounds good to me..eyes on the weather...
    Geoff
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3, like me old but loved

Anyone up for a afternoon beer Wednesday say 1500 local? The worlds end has a good carpark.

Difficult to make weekdays due to work. Saying that it’s getting more and more difficult to make weekends too, due to work!
    David.