Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garage flooring

In a word, very, very slowly! (yes I know that's three words).

The problem job is all but done, parts cut and trial fitted (all good), clamped in place and hopefully found a welder that doesn't want to rip me off. Waiting on finances.

The exhaust are dismantled (PITA job) cut, re built and ready to go back together. Waiting on finances.

Engine is still on the floor painted and ready to go (scratched one of the rocker covers need to sort that) all parts in the cupboard. Waiting on job one.

Managed to source a wiring diagram eventually, plan for stripping out what I don't need sorted and drawn up (in colour). Waiting on the engine.

Headlights and front indicator lights fitted (because I could). Not waiting on anything.

Scrapped the idea of internal catalytic converters, could only find 3.75inch diameter in the States and they wouldn't post to UK. Measurements and scale drawings completed and found a supplier local to me for the cat's. Waiting on finances.

Still trying to get back to work, interviews few and far between and being messed around by a very large, well known company at the moment. Fingers crossed, will report back if it goes the right way.

Finances may or may not get sorted this week, going to do some spending if they do. Waiting on a phone call.

So there you go, no nearer to getting it finished really, but a lot will happen (hopefully) very quickly, possibly, maybe, ish!

Boss lady and the rather tall one are both fine.

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Hi Graham,
    have you tried these guys for internal cats?
    I fitted internal cats into OEM style side pipes on my last DAX.
    http://www.eurocats.co.uk/
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Good luck with that phone call Graham, all the best

Mark
    AK gen2 ls3

Have to say I used a load of kids playmats from costco under where the car sits.... rubber backed.

Keeps the concrete dust down, no issues putting a jack on them, easy to kneel or lie on... cheap enough to chuck out after a few years.

I chanced upon a job lot of rubber backed office floor tiles being thrown out from a refurbishment and was good enough for me, and had plenty spare so if I spilled oil or whatever I could swap out the knackered tile

Quote Originally Posted by alunwill View Post
    Has anyone used duramat floor tiles in the garage. If so, do they slide as you drive onto them. I've got a free standing section in the middle of the garage which wouldn't be enclosed around the edges by walls to restrict any movement. Also, any issues using a jack.
    I've just done mine with the Durastud tiles. I haven't tried a car on them yet but I really don't think they will go anywhere when you drive a car on them.

Quote Originally Posted by hifihedgehog View Post
    I chanced upon a job lot of rubber backed office floor tiles being thrown out from a refurbishment and was good enough for me, and had plenty spare so if I spilled oil or whatever I could swap out the knackered tile
    I had that in the last garage .. actually I still have a shocking number of the things lying around as I bought a pallet load (my poor old Omega was down on its bump stops taking them home ). They were good, but they were carpet tiles so they hold on to swarf, spillages, etc .. and have a habit of catching fire if you're using a plasma cutter on something above them. (Although so did the Jaguar I was cutting up )

Rubber tiles (maybe yours are rubber both sides?) that interlock seem like a better solution as they won't 'walk' or hold swarf.. much more expensive, though!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I had that in the last garage .. actually I still have a shocking number of the things lying around as I bought a pallet load (my poor old Omega was down on its bump stops taking them home ). They were good, but they were carpet tiles so they hold on to swarf, spillages, etc .. and have a habit of catching fire if you're using a plasma cutter on something above them. (Although so did the Jaguar I was cutting up )

Rubber tiles (maybe yours are rubber both sides?) that interlock seem like a better solution as they won't 'walk' or hold swarf.. much more expensive, though!
    nope mine were comedy pattern jazzy 90's office tiles, my old garage had a partial dividing wall to separate the clean car area which had the carpet tiles down and dirty work area so I had no tiles just epoxy over concrete for the "dirty" area where swarf etc was more likely

I can picture the pattern in my head! I've probably worked in a few offices with the same carpet.. Mine were (sadly) just dull grey/green mix with a healthy dose of embedded staples and drawing pins (those were fun to find when laying them! ) and the odd really disgusting looking stain.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

The Man from Del Monte he say yes!

Finances back on track, let the build recommence.

Eurocats don't do 3.75", plenty of other sizes but not that one. Problem I have is the exhausts are only 4 inch OD not the usual 5 inch so very tight for space internally (can't complain £100 off ebay and stainless steel). Not a problem doing external just reduces the room in the engine bay area and it's a job for another day anyway. Time to get everything put back together and order some larger parts.

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast