Billet aluminium thermostat housing

As some of you know, my SBC chrome plated thermostat housing developed a hole and started peeing out water on the way to the Pistons and Props show. So I have been looking for a Billet Aluminium version, as these are better quality and wont corrode on the inside ,but the only Billet Aluminium versions I can find are the “Swivel” type which either have the outlet pipe set too high or tilt up at the wrong angle to line up with my coolant pipe.

So does anyone know where I can get a Billet version that matches my existing one.

This is my leaking "rubbish" housing .

Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Summit?
    This any good https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsp-90320
    Worth trying Brian at Roadcraft first

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Summit?
    This any good https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsp-90320
    Worth trying Brian at Roadcraft first
    I did find that "Swivel "one, but the outlet is higher up ,so it will not line up with the hose.

Richard at Stateside Autos reckons you cannot get a non swivel "Billet" version identical to mine, but he has sent me some photos of a couple he has in stock , one is the same as the one you found on summit, but he reckons he can get a sbc OEM "fixed" good quality cast aluminium identical version to mine. He also said that he has had a lot of customers having corrosion issues with the after market chrome housings like mine ,but no issues with the sbc OEM cast alum ones.

I will give Roadcraft a ring if Stateside Autos cannot get me the OEM version.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Hi Paul,

Was looking for something similar myself recently - wanting one with a 1/4" NPT fitment for temp probe, but came across a few examples on ebay of normal ones without the 1/4" fitting

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221857930428

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221877021736

for example

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Thanks for the links Gary.

I may have to go for something like the one in your 1st link ,if i cannot get the OEM version from Stateside Autos.

The chrome housing in your 2nd link is exactly like the replacement i fitted two years ago, which has corroded and now leaking, so having had two after market chrome housings, i would advise anyone to stay away from them.

Cheers

Paul
    Paul.

Sorry Paul, didn't fully read the 2nd one - so missed the chrome bit - doh!

The seller of those two is the same and they have a few others too.

first one should be ok though, iirc i've got a billet ally one that swivels and it's been on since 2006 when engine was built and hasn't leaked, as yet
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.