Thread: Insurance query

Unhappy Insurance query

Hi Everybody,
    I have had a few Cobra owners contacting me and saying they are trying to insure their car and have been refused insurance because their vehicle does not have a tracker, is this a new thing or are they talking to the wrong Insurance Company?
    Cheers,
    Alan.

Wrong insurance companies i think - didn't ask me for one on mine - renewed other week but who knows with these companies any excuse.

A-Plan, Thatcham branch.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Normally driven by the broker and value triggers
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Renewed a few days ago without tracker (MR Bloor) but when I talked to the about the Cobra under construction they said they would ask for a tracker but not insist. (ie just pay more)
    Stephen

Spent 1/2 hour on the phone today with A-Plan only to be told right at the end they wouldn't insure me because no tracker is fitted.

hmm, i wonder if this is something new that A-Plan have brought in? Was it the Thatcham branch you contacted?

Only renewed mine on 20th and have been with them for 3+ yrs now, never asked for tracker.

Wonder if value changes what they are wanting too.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.