Vin number and iva

Evening, hopefully sometime next year I'll be putting my Dax through the iva, the chassis was originally supplied in 1988, I have the receipt for it and it has a 10 digit chassis number, however iva requires a 17 digit number, do I have to apply to the dvla for a new one or can I just add 7 digits to the old one or should I contact Dax?, would they be able to issue a longer one?. Any pointers from experience gratefully received

Cheers Roger

Your Dax vin should be be along the lines of SA9DAX M3 RNA 6 DIGITS . This gives you your 17 digits. This will be on your original chassis invoice from Dax which ideally you need to submit as a new chassis. Also if your going for a new all build and new reg.

The M3 = Mark 3 chassis but you might have an earlier chassis.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

I have two numbers, one on a Dax chassis plate which is Dax M3r ***, so that one is 9 characters long, the other is on a Dax body plate , that one is Dax mk iv 80 ***, so that gives 12 characters, confusing and not within regs
    Last edited by rpm015; 25-10-21 at 04:03 PM.

I made a new plate for my old chassis with a few extra characters at the front and the IVA was fine.
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Yes I did that years ago for a previous build but apparently it's not allowed now

Hi Roger
    i would give Antony at absolute horsepower a call iam sure he can put you right, he at IVA all the time and dealing with DVLA
    Best of luck with the test
    Andy
    DAX TOJEIRO DE DION
    CHEVY SB 383 STROKER 6.2Ltr 450 Hp
    Tremec TKO 3550 3.54.1 Jag Diff
    RCR Mk 1 GT 40 in build

Cheers Andy, iva is a long way off yet, I've nearly finished the bodywork just given it the first coat of primer, once I'm happy with it I'll book it in for final paint, whilst it's away I need to fix the other one which has been on the naughty step for a few months sat in the garage because of an engine knock,