chassis attachment for seat belt anchors glassed into the body

Hi All,

I have heard this discussed previously but can't find any pics of what others have done. I am not sure if it is necessary but I have been recommended to attach the seat belt anchor metal work glassed into the body to the chassis. I expect some form of right-angled bracket but hoping for some pics of what others have done.

Thank you in advance

Best regards
    James
    Granada based Pilgrim Sumo with RV8 - May 2017
    YouTube Build diary:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJnGMrv_CkERYzoG68enTGg

I dont have pics, but on my Crendon, tested at Gillingham, the 2" spreader plates I bought from Merlin Motorsport were deemed unacceptable when bolted through a steel floor. However, many others have passed on this point.
    I was pointed to the relevant page on the IVA manual which required large (around 5"x5" by 1/4" from memory) plates with an angle welded along the edge and bolted underneath.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

James,

Can I suggest that the best person to give guidance would be the tester at whichever test centre you are planning to take your car for the IVA test.

When building my Sumo I did not use the Pilgrim fixings but fitted a bespoke harness bar. I was conscious that the details could not be seen once the body was fitted so made numerous drawings and took several pictures none of which were examined by the tester.

The interpretation of the standards laid down in the IVA Manual seems to vary between test centres, and indeed between examiners, so it would seem sensible to get the advice from those who will carry out the test.

Are you getting close to booking your IVA?

Take care,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

All IVA test centres should have access to the same information in their files that should say that the seat belt mountings meet/exceed the minimum requirements without further modification. Pilgrim should also be able to advise on this/confirm.

thank you all, I really appreciate your comments. I was surprised when it was suggested I add the bracket as I had understood it wasn't necessary.
    YouTube Build diary:

Hi Ian,

I have emailed you as it was easier.

best regards
    James
    YouTube Build diary: