Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Would definatly avoid the silicon hoses for most of the cooling system as others have mentioned .
    On our engine test rigs they were not to be used under any circumstances due to them not being strong enough.
    We had to use the reinforced stuff which was unforgiving to work with but very reliable .
    The ordinary silicon stuff just looks good but nothing else.
    We did use them on air pipes although they sometimes used to split .
    I will now go into my garage and take a look at the make of hose that I have .
    Chris.

The lengths of hoses that I have laying around are silicon and should only be used for the air
    induction system.
    All of the hoses on my cooling system are genuine vehicle manufacturer parts which are
    the black variety, nothing special, they just work, that's it.
    Chris.

I use silicon hoses and have had the same ones on the car for 7 years with zero issues. I think you get what you pay for. Mine are from viper performance. Expensive, look good and they seem to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    Suggest you go to a car boot jumble and you will find plenty of spare rubber hoses off various cars. Just pick one with angle required and cut off the rest which is not needed.
    Charlie
    Thanks for the tip Charlie, but I had already ordered a section of re-enforced hose before i saw your post. I did however spend a few windy chilly hours looking around a few local scrap yards, but had no luck.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

If that proves unsatisfactory, you can order aluminium coolant pipe from Merlin Motorsport and they will bend to any angle you specify using your specified length, and put beads on the tube.
    Used them before - excellent service. Polishes up nicely too - see top hose in pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KevinW; 10-12-21 at 05:30 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.
    My Gallery: http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/3240/username/kevinw

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    If that proves unsatisfactory, you can order aluminium coolant pipe from Merlin Motorsport and they will bend to any angle you specify using your specified length, and put beads on the tube.
    Used them before - excellent service. Polishes up nicely too - see top hose in pic.
    Good to know,

Cheers for that Kev
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12