Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

elbow hoses supplier needed

Having just sorned the cobra , I am now getting round to replacing the corroded thermostat housing with a "Billet" aluminium "0" degree version, which means i cannot reuse the old hoses. Ideally I would like to fit a one section solid piece rubber hose with a 22 degree (ish) preformed elbow bend, but all i can find are 45 or 90 degree elbow hoses.

Does anyone know any suppliers who might sell the 22 degree (ish) elbow version or multiple elbow configurations of coolant hoses?

Failing that i might have to go for a Helix wire reinforced rubber hose that i can bend. I used to have silicon hoses fitted, but i could not get them to seal properly, so i want to avoid fitting them.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Paul,

As you've noticed, you'll struggle to find 22/22.5 deg hoses - mainly because for such a small angle you should be able to comfortably bend a straight hose to fit. So I'd give that a whirl first.

And from my experience I agree that you'll be saving yourself a lot of grief by avoiding silicone hoses!
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

If you really want the 22.5deg bends - perhaps some pre-formed aluminium bends with straight rubber couplers at each end? Although .. now I look I'm only finding pre-made 45deg bends in that, too..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Paul, probably a long shot but I just happen to have noticed the Mitsubishi L200 top hose has a shallow bend in it. If the diameter worked for you it might be possible to cut out the bend or an use a shortened version. Cheap enough.
    A wired hose would work but not pretty.
    Have you tried a straight bit?

Hi Paul
    As Alan (conrod) said use your existing hose as a template to see what deformation occurs with a straight hose. You may be pleasantly surprised. If it kinks at the bend how about inserting a piece of straight aluminium tube there? There’s also corrugated hoses available which will take bends. Good luck!
    Dek
    Last edited by Dek; 03-12-21 at 07:52 PM.

It might be worth trying sfs hoses. They've got s good range and their products are normally of a very good standard.

Greg
    Building MK4 GD Jag based with a Chevy 383/tremec tko600.

Build blog/photo store https:/www.facebook.com/pg/gregsGD427

Auto Silicone Hoses do a 15 deg bend

https://www.autosiliconehoses.com/si...oses-blue.html
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Auto silicone stuff seems pretty good. I've got a 180 degree piece that I used to blank off the heater hoses from the water pump to test run the engine. One size I think its 20mm and the other 25mm or something on the outlet but the hose is 25mm and grips both with no problem or leaks so far.

I did also find a company making up stainless tubing that could used any diameter and create any angle about 3 months ago as I was thinking of different options when plumbing mine up. I'll see If I can dig out the website.

I had already tried fitting a straight un-reinforced piece of straight hose, which I had collecting dust in the shed, and it kinked/collapsed in, reducing the I/D by as much as two thirds. So if I did go that route, it would have to be wire reinforced.

CBS do a wired/re-enforced hose, but I could only find the ribbed/convoluted version on their web site, and I want smooth to match my other hoses.

I too could not find any pre-formed aluminium tubing at the angle I want , so I would probably have to have a piece made up for me, if I went that route .

SFS do wire reinforced smooth outer surface rubber hose, but they were prohibitively expensive at £50 for a one meter section. Thanks any way Greg.

So I have ordered a one meter section of smooth outer and inner wire reinforced EPDM rubber hose from “Autosiliconehoses “, with the wire imbedded in between the rubber layers, for £17.00

At least I know that once I have done this job, it will now have a quality decent housing and hose that won’t collapse ,but more importantly, I would have got rid of the up and down part of the hose run, which may have previously trapped air
    Thanks for the advice guys.
    Last edited by psh; 07-12-21 at 01:26 PM.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Suggest you go to a car boot jumble and you will find plenty of spare rubber hoses off various cars. Just pick one with angle required and cut off the rest which is not needed.
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast