Cobra video - help

Hi all,

took a run out this morning to work - the 45 min run identified:

1. timing out - retarded it yesterday but should have left it!
    2. possibly need to take out and clean or replace spark plugs
    3. baffles in sidepipes vibrating when you lift off

AC COBRA early morning commute - YouTube

the question is my son gave me his hero 4 gopro but can anyone recommend a decent mike that can stop wind noise? i will upload a video later with the video pointing at the sidepipe but after 20 mph the wind noise is excessive and you cant hear the sidepipes

overall though - i didn't break down there or back!!
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Hi, The windslayer seems to get some good reviews. Basically a foam cover for the whole go-pro.

Is there a setting in the menu on the 4, to reduce wind noise ?
    Russ
    Russ

www.russhowell.com
    AK Cobra - LS3

Cheers Russ, I'll check that setting when I get home but ordered 2 of them windrush covers as a start!!
    Thanks, Lee

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

I looked at the video and the GoPro mics are very sensitive and pick up any vibration or noises. Check if it is to close to the windscreen and touching which was my problem. Regarding wind noise all you need is a small piece of foam or fur to cover the mic and it reduces the wind considerably. I know a few people who have now done this without any fancy wind blocking devices.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Crendon No5 S.A. 452Cu in, Ford Fe, Tremec TKO600,

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

the two windslayer covers arrived last week, got some time today to play around with the recording, its a lot better so thanks for the tip! i'm just playing around at the moment as I'm no Steven Spielberg!!

cover on:
    AC COBRA - sidepipe run pt2 with mic muffler - YouTube

cover off
    AC COBRA quick run on motorway - YouTube

good up to 70'ish but then the wind noise gets around the camera.....

i have started another thread on the timing and once i have timed the car i will continue on that thread but when i let off the gas i get popping, i don't think its an overfuelling back fire - is this a lean backfire like a popping noise possibly read somewhere it is due to being too lean? also when i switch the engine off i can hear a couple of low mini booms and i mean 1-2 from both sides, then it stops.

your thoughts??

cheers Lee