An Alarm Question

Hi Guy's,

I hope you have all had a positive week !!

Just a basic question please, I have been working on my Cobra with the engine out and battery removed etc.
    When I get it all back together and connect the Battery will the car just start as normal or will the alarm need charging or will it work as soon as the ignition key is turned. I just wondered if I need to do something with the alarm if it has been disconnected from the battery for over 6 months.

Have a good weekend and thank you for any feedback

Regards

Rich

You might need to tell us what alarm!

Reds

Jim

[QUOTE=Happy Jim;611767]You might need to tell us what alarm!

Reds

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your feedback, I will confirm the make of Alarm this evening when I can pull the information out.

Thank you again

Rich

As long as you have changed nothing and the battery wires are correct it should just work as normal.

Charge your battery up, have the fob if it's a fob alarm handy as it may go off when you reconnect the wires, just use the fob to silence or reset it.

If it's a just an immobiliser, connect your battery and wait for it to reset,usually there is a tell tale light on the dash to show you it's armed. once it's armed do your normal way of starting.

Lee
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!