Dax Corsa B PAS using Sierra switches. Has anybody done this?

Has anybody successfully fitted Corsa B electric power steering upgrade to their DAX and managed to retain the Ford Sierra switch gear.
    Just wanted to check before I remove the ignition barrel etc off the Cosra column.
    Any photos would be helpful.
    Thanks,
    Andy

The official Dax Corsa B column fitting kit includes an adapter to which the Sierra column switches and stalks can be mounted - it's the anchor-shaped part in the photo.

I decided to move to the Corsa switches when I fitted mine - which resulted in a fair amount of head scratching when connecting them to the Dax harness, and quite a few extra relays!

I sold my Dax last year, but it's possible I may still have the unused adapter lying around somewhere!
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Thanks Alan, I've checked with John at Dax and he's confirmed that the adaptor is part of the mounting kit.
    No feedback regarding using the sierra ignition though so I'll wait and see what he says.
    I've also sent lots of other questions to him now that I've looked at the job more closely ie universal joint and shaft adaptor from the corsa flat shaft to the round splined shaft.
    The sierra has the triangular telescopic shaft and horrible plastic bearing where it passes through the bulkhead so I'm gong to convert this to a 2 bolt flanged bearing.
    Thanks for your help and details in your previous posts.
    I'm looking forward to the whole new experience of power steering and newly converted rear drive shafts (de-dion with BMW bearings at both ends!)
    Attached Files Attached Files

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showt...ing+conversion

This might be of some use, but I think your simplest options are to either keep the Corsa ignition barrel and wire it in or remove it and go for an ignition switch (carbuilder solutions) mounted in the dashboard (you would lose the steering lock though). Keeping the Sierra ignition barrel and mating it to the Corsa column sounds excessively complex.
    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

Thanks Bannon.
    I think I'll go for the ignition switch and start button in the dashboard.
    Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files