Hot windscreen and cold legs/feet!!!!!

Hi,
    I have a Gen 1 AK Cobra and i am fed up with COLD feet/legs and a hot windscreen!!!!, have any members managed to distribute the heat between windscreen and footwells, any suggestions would be brilliant!!!!!!!,
    Thanks,
    Alan.

Hi,
    I still have a hot windscreen and cold feet does anyone have any suggestions??????

After my Wife kept complaining that her feet and legs were cold during our evening trips out in the cobra, I now have two simple hand operated “Y” splitter/valves (one inlet, two outlets) mounted behind the dash, one for each side of the car. The valves have a small lever, which you use to either divert the air flow to the screen or the foot wells or both. Instead of the hose from the heater running directly to the screen vent, it now runs to the “inlet “ side of the valve, and one “outlet” runs a hose to the screen and the other “outlet runs to the foot well hose. The beauty of this setup enables the screen/footwell vents to be operated individually for each side of the car.

I bought the vents and extra hose from CBS.

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/y-spli...CABEgJB8_D_BwE
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

I have Gen3 AK and only had the screen vents for warmth. I have recently changed all that.
    And now have 2 additional vents that give warm air to the legs and waist area.
    And the 2 new vents can be directed or closed if not required.

How did you cable it paul?
    Interesting.
    Regards
    Gav
    AK Ls1/t56 T
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    How did you cable it paul?
    Interesting.
    Regards
    Gav
    To keep it simple, i didn't use any cables, i just reach forward under the dash and manually move the plastic lever .
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Ah ok.
    Thanks
    Regards gav
    AK Ls1/t56 T
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for your info on keeping your wife's legs warm, what size hoses and what was the size of the vents as CBS supply different sizes, my wife is looking forward to WARM LEGS!!!!!!, any photo's would be very helpful,
    Thanks,
    Alan.

Hi,
    Have you finished your build or were the photo's taken mid build?
    The photo's are brilliant, what size are the hoses please?,
    Thanks,
    Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by windsor400 View Post
    Hi Paul,
    Thank you for your info on keeping your wife's legs warm, what size hoses and what was the size of the vents as CBS supply different sizes, my wife is looking forward to WARM LEGS!!!!!!, any photo's would be very helpful,
    Thanks,
    Alan.
    My Y splitter vent has the three 50mm diameter inlets /outlets, which takes 50mm hoses .If I remember correctly, I had to build up the diameter slightly on my Polo heater outlets using insulating tape, in order to get a snug fit. As we both have Gen 1 AK’s , we should have the same heater unit ,but just in case ,check the size of the outlets on your heater before deciding which splitter and hoses to buy, as it might have a different heater to mine . My splitter and hoses are secured to the foot well wall with large “P” clips.

My Polo heater was crap when I first got the car, but after I got rid of the air lock in the hoses, it’s now blows reasonably hot air, but not as hot as my tin top.

Paul.