Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Finally got out to take a few photos this evening. Dont have access to Photoshop anymore, so have not been able to tweek them.

I am really happy with the colour now..

All looks very good to me ...well done !!

It looks fantastic, well done and enjoy!

Rob
    Rob

AK Gen I - 4.6l Rover V8, Stage III heads, MC1 cam
    On the road March 2019

Love it! Enjoy!

Thanks Steve et all for the positive comments. I think that will be it for a while as I dont expect the dash to be complete for a few months and there is nothing left to tinker with.

Infact the only thing that does need looking in to is the engine is not running right since getting the car back. Nothing was done to the engine, except for a change of air filter. This was due to the new smaller scoop not being big enough to accommodate the Cobra air filter, so had to go for something much smaller.
    I opted for a Edelbrock 1002 Pro-Flo Reusable Air Cleaner Filter :

The base of the filter is just underneath the bonnet, the top is in the scoop. I wonder if there is too much air now getting to the carb and effecting the mixture.

Nice work!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.
    My Gallery: http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/3240/username/kevinw

Stunning job!

Ah, the 'triangle of death' air cleaners don't have the best of reputations, as in the event of carb coughing up a bit of fuel it can cause a fire.... foam degrades and drops down into the engine etc. Thought as long as you carb is set up properly you should be ok, it should flow enough CFM too.

Laminar flow might have changed though - air coming in could be disturbed now with a different scoop. Could try blanking off the scoop itself to see if the change in air pressure/direction makes a difference?

Thanks Alex, that's interesting. I didn't do any research before buying that air cleaner, I needed to find a replacement quickly and thought the edlebrock one would be ok.
    I think i will do a bit of research into a round 9" diameter one to see if that helps.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234